NFL News & Notes

Leader

Linebacker Jordan Hicks is available via trade.  He took a pay cut a a couple months ago in Arizona.  He's been pretty productive the past couple season.  I'm expecting the Packers to make an add of some sort at LB before the the season begins.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/12/cardinals-give-jordan-hicks-permission-to-seek-trade/

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Linebacker Jordan Hicks is available via trade.  He took a pay cut a a couple months ago in Arizona.  He's been pretty productive the past couple season.  I'm expecting the Packers to make an add of some sort at LB before the the season begins.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/12/cardinals-give-jordan-hicks-permission-to-seek-trade/

His cap number is still to high for GB, maybe when he is cut and brought in on a veterans minimum deal. 

The vikings just keep amassing draft picks.

11 this year

15 last year

12 the year before that

etc...

Mike Hughes didn't quite work out for them so they managed to get a 6th & 7th round pick out of the trade. I wish we could do this with Josh Jackson or for one of our edge of the roster players.

14 minutes ago, Chili said:

The vikings just keep amassing draft picks.

11 this year

15 last year

12 the year before that

etc...

Mike Hughes didn't quite work out for them so they managed to get a 6th & 7th round pick out of the trade. I wish we could do this with Josh Jackson or for one of our edge of the roster players.

That is incorrect, they traded Hughes and their 7th to KC for a 6th. 

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure if he's any good, but I remember him being talked about quite a bit among Packers fans during the draft. 

I like what I see in both of these highlights.  But those are highlights. Don't know if he is a good route runner, or blocker, or plays special teams.

College highlights:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03pmesztnU0&ab_channel=MileHighlights

2019 highlights:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTU_32FYrxE&ab_channel=BlitzClips

I still prefer a healthy St. Brown.  But I wouldn't fight that too much, St. Brown almost makes Kevin King look like Brett Favre.  I do think Hamilton would be fighting with Malik Taylor or Juwann Winfree for a end of the roster spot if he were here.  We have 3 locks:  Adams, Lazard, MVS.  And an early draft pick with Rodgers makes 4.  I would probably give the edge on any more roster spots to EQ and Funchess, but perhaps someone surprises.  

Peter Bukowski -   This is why people who would rather be the Bucs and be crappy for long periods of time between Super Bowls are just wrong.

The Packers have been the most consistent franchise East of Foxborough for the last two decades but let’s talk about wasting primes and not wanting to be great. It’s really hard to be really good for a really long time.

The people who saying things like “I’d trade 10 years of good seasons for a Super Bowl” are all under 30. And that’s fine. That’s their experience. But like no Brewers fan is saying that same thing because they haven’t been consistently good for the last 20+ years.

We can easily settle this too. Over the last 10 years, which franchise has been more successful:

One is 60-100 with 1 playoff trip and 8 losing seasons but has a Super Bowl

The other is 105-53-2 with 8 playoff trips, 2 losing seasons and no Super Bowl.

Put another way: The Packers "only" have 2 Super Bowl wins in the Favre/Rodgers era. 25 years, 2 wins.

That's more than 18 other teams have in their entire existence. More than half the league.

Vikings and Bears fans would kill to have such failures.

• Like 2