NFL News & Notes

Leader

Spotrac -    Age 32+ WR New Contract AAVs (% of NFL cap)

T. Owens, 32, $8.3M (8%)
L. Fitzgerald, 32, $11M (7%)
L. Fitzgerald, 34, $11M (6.5%)
S. Smith, 32, $7.5M (6.2%)
E. Sanders, 33, $12M (6%)
L. Fitzgerald, 37, $11.5M (5.8%)
L. Fitzgerald, 36, $11M (5.8%)
D. Jackson, 32, $9.3M (4.9%)

32-year-old Julio Jones brings a 3 year, $38.3M contract, $17M fully guaranteed w/ him to the Titans. His live AAV of $12.7M represents 7% of the current league cap, which puts him at one of the highest marks in history at this age.

John Keim -   Montez Sweat says he’s not going to get the vaccine “until i get more facts. I’m not a fan of it. I haven’t caught Covid yet so I don’t see me treating Covid until I actually get Covid. Everybody is entitled to their own decision.”

///

Playing with fire IMO.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

John Keim -   Montez Sweat says he’s not going to get the vaccine “until i get more facts. I’m not a fan of it. I haven’t caught Covid yet so I don’t see me treating Covid until I actually get Covid. Everybody is entitled to their own decision.”

///

Playing with fire IMO.

Eh.  I feel exactly the same way.  Not being political here, just talking about vaccinations that go into my body.  I'm not comfortable getting the shot(s) yet, and I haven't had COVID, while being in close contact with a few people who have.

Now...if my employer, or my employer's private equity firm said I had to get the shot?  Yah, I'd be getting it quickly.  And I don't make Montez Sweat money.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

///

Playing with fire IMO.

"treating [it] until I get [it]" with a vaccine...yikes

good thing he's good at sports so he can make money somehow with that brain

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Eh.  I feel exactly the same way.  Not being political here, just talking about vaccinations that go into my body.  I'm not comfortable getting the shot(s) yet, and I haven't had COVID, while being in close contact with a few people who have.

Now...if my employer, or my employer's private equity firm said I had to get the shot?  Yah, I'd be getting it quickly.  And I don't make Montez Sweat money.

yeah, screw those people with legitimate medical reasons not to get it, right?

not your problem!

4 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

In response to a few posts above and specifically Montez Sweat, Jon Rahm says "Umm, call me."

Feel horrible for Rahm! Asymptomatic 2 times and clearly this one cost him a golf tournament. 

As an aside, could the PGA Tour have handled that any worse? At least to it in private. 

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yeah, screw those people with legitimate medical reasons not to get it, right?

not your problem!

Since I've never had it, while being in close proximity with some who have, yes, it is not my "problem".

Again, not being political, but I have chosen to not be vaccinated.  Kudos to you for doing so.  I'm just not at the point where I trust the vaccine.

Me and about 60% of the population around me right now.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Since I've never had it, while being in close proximity with some who have, yes, it is not my "problem".

Again, not being political, but I have chosen to not be vaccinated.  Kudos to you for doing so.  I'm just not at the point where I trust the vaccine.

I did it. My third eyeball didn't start growing until at least a month afterwards. It's all good! 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

yeah it sucks that so many people are that morally bankrupt, solely self-interested, and scientifically illiterate in the U.S. right now

• Like 4

It's simple. Appeal to the lowest common denominator by attacking the players masculinity.

Have a video of a little girl taking a covid jab and get her to call NFL players pussi3s. That will spread like wildfire on social media and embarrass them into getting the jab.

That's the key, attack their masculinity.

It's funny, they have no problems trusting doctors pumping all kinds of exotic drugs and cutting them open but cannot take their advice for getting a vaccination.

Just look at how terrible polio and smallpox were, they are mostly eradicated by a mass vaccination programs. The reason you don't see it much nowadays is because children are getting vaccinated at schools and has gone on for years. It proven to work.

That's what you will get with the covid vaccine.

I'm not knowledgeable with sciency stuff, but if I do my research properly i'm still not going to understand 90% of it. So that is when you should start listening to the doctors and experts who have seen the research and understood it. if they are telling you to take it then you should. There is nothing wrong with listening to educated people.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Eh.  I feel exactly the same way.  Not being political here, just talking about vaccinations that go into my body.  I'm not comfortable getting the shot(s) yet, and I haven't had COVID, while being in close contact with a few people who have. Now...if my employer, or my employer's private equity firm said I had to get the shot?  Yah, I'd be getting it quickly.  And I don't make Montez Sweat money.

I've and my family have all been vaccinated with absolutely no repercussions - and we trust - the benefit of being more resistant to COVID  👍

• Like 2