NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A link from October expressing doubt about the realism of vaccine schedules, which turned out to be wrong. Nothing about not getting vaccinated.

A link espousing the view of a guy who made a bunch of predictions. All of them wrong. A guy who made a wild *** claim with no attempt to explain it nor evidence to support it. If a guy says, "Don't get a vaccine because it's going to cause infertility," and then all the evidence says that there's zero link between vaccines and infertility, you stop listening to that dude. 

You can be anti-lockdown. That's fine. Being anti vaccine was the conversation.

If the argument is will an immunologist be against a vaccine obviously not, like would an American Footballer be against playing football, obviously not. But have immunologists and scientists questioned this vaccine role out, the role of government and so forth at certain points in this journey, then that cannot be denied. That then leads to uncertainty which is not derived from mindless drivel of a youtuber but of serious scientific discussion. Just back a few months ago in the Europe a big storm blew up over the blood clots, the rejection of the Aztra Zenca vaccine by some nations and then doctors and scientists wanting reassurances around the safety of the vaccine. I feel over time any uncertainty over the vaccine will be extinguished but it is not crazy to be uncertain about the vaccine and the part it plays in the bigger political picture.   https://www.pharmiweb.com/press-release/2021-03-11/breaking-news-doctors-scientists-write-to-ema-re-covid-19-vaccine-safety

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Okay.  Enough. Put this interesting crap in the Steve Dowden thread please?

So we can get back to football in the football threads.  This has become boring as hell.

Lol, I've come back to this thread a few times in the past day to see if people moved on. Click in. Nope. Click out. 

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I think you might mean "scared beta boys". The ladies are getting vaccinated at a much higher rate than the guys ;)

Not totally related, but....

The area where I live had about 40% vaccination rate last Friday.  Now it is near 50%.  Very positive sign.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

If the argument is will an immunologist be against a vaccine obviously not, like would an American Footballer be against playing football, obviously not. But have immunologists and scientists questioned this vaccine role out, the role of government and so forth at certain points in this journey, then that cannot be denied. That then leads to uncertainty which is not derived from mindless drivel of a youtuber but of serious scientific discussion. Just back a few months ago in the Europe a big storm blew up over the blood clots, the rejection of the Aztra Zenca vaccine by some nations and then doctors and scientists wanting reassurances around the safety of the vaccine. I feel over time any uncertainty over the vaccine will be extinguished but it is not crazy to be uncertain about the vaccine and the part it plays in the bigger political picture.   https://www.pharmiweb.com/press-release/2021-03-11/breaking-news-doctors-scientists-write-to-ema-re-covid-19-vaccine-safety

That's fine, but is any expert actually recommending that mass vaccination for covid NOT occur? That's the central issue here: should people who aren't at risk get the vaccine? And the answer is that, yes, despite some small risk and some unknowns, the experts agree people should get vaccinated.

Imagine if everyone was hesitant and didn't get it like some people are. Imagine how awful that would have been if there was no vaccine. How many millions more would have died. How much worse the economies would be.

THAT is the decision: if everyone did what I'm doing, would society be better off or worse off?

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/paranormal-declassified/episodes/zombie-apocalypse

You would have to see when this airs, or how you can stream it, but.....

An investigative "reporter" did a story about the Zombie Apocalypse, because yes, the CDC has a plan in place for when it happens.

As he was reporting about it, he took the angle of "virus" that changes us and how easily it could happen.

I watched this show, he interviewed an Admiral for the US Navy who said that this is a real threat.  The US and other countries are making viruses all the time.  They are doing this to incapacitate enemies, while figuring out vaccines to help out their own.

If I am remembering this correctly, he said the potential danger was that a virus would get out, mutate and be almost uncontrollable.

And right after that interview, and before this show was finished in production, COVID hit.

Sure, it may be a little bit of "hollywood magic" regarding the timing, but still, it is an interesting show, and the comments made by that Naval Admiral (I think), we very, very interesting.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/paranormal-declassified/episodes/zombie-apocalypse

You would have to see when this airs, or how you can stream it, but.....

An investigative "reporter" did a story about the Zombie Apocalypse, because yes, the CDC has a plan in place for when it happens.

As he was reporting about it, he took the angle of "virus" that changes us and how easily it could happen.

I watched this show, he interviewed an Admiral for the US Navy who said that this is a real threat.  The US and other countries are making viruses all the time.  They are doing this to incapacitate enemies, while figuring out vaccines to help out their own.

If I am remembering this correctly, he said the potential danger was that a virus would get out, mutate and be almost uncontrollable.

And right after that interview, and before this show was finished in production, COVID hit.

Sure, it may be a little bit of "hollywood magic" regarding the timing, but still, it is an interesting show, and the comments made by that Naval Admiral (I think), we very, very interesting.

I'm quite positive there is a sizable percentage of people in the US who watch those shows and believe it to be real news.

On 6/10/2021 at 9:32 AM, Rodjahs12 said:

For sure, both sides are definitely guilty of it. I don't regret getting mine at all, but I can see why the people who don't want to are only more alienated when they're made to feel stupid and reckless by the people who already have theirs and are pushing for more. It's just not a productive way to bring people over.

So it's OK to be stupid and reckless but just don't make them FEEL that they are. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 8:29 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

So it's OK to be stupid and reckless but just don't make them FEEL that they are. 

I mean that's fine if that's your mindset but you're doing absolutely nothing to help your own cause by passing that kind of judgement onto people. Long as you're aware of it.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -    The Vikings and DT Sheldon Richardson are making progress on a deal to bring him back to Minnesota. While the deal is not done yet, it’s headed that way.

Give the Vikings credit, they're trying. Revamped the D with Peterson, Breeland, Richardson and Tomlinson plus getting Pierce and Hunter back. That's a pretty incredible haul if it works on the field. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Give the Vikings credit, they're trying. Revamped the D with Peterson, Breeland, Richardson and Tomlinson plus getting Pierce and Hunter back. That's a pretty incredible haul if it works on the field. 

I keep telling people, as much as I don't like it, Minny isn't going to be a joke this year. I don't think Cousins can take them all the way, but he can keep them level with GB. If Love is QB1 for us this year, as hopeful as I am about his future, the division easily runs through Minneapolis 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean it took a couple more failed 1st rounders to get here but yeah. Gotta put your money somewhere, and when it's not resigning your own...