NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

You still have major issues at the most important position, QB. 

I very much disagree.  Kirk Cousins has been like the 7th best QB every season since joining the Vikings.  He isn't in the MVP race, but he is right there in the next tier.  The issue is that he is always 5th-8th best, while guys come and go around him.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I very much disagree.  Kirk Cousins has been like the 7th best QB every season since joining the Vikings.  He isn't in the MVP race, but he is right there in the next tier.  The issue is that he is always 5th-8th best, while guys come and go around him.  

Kirk Cousins is a middle of the road QB with talent around him. Always has been always will be. IMO. 

"The unvaccinated players are going to have a harder time in the season. They’re going to be wearing masks, they’ll have to social distance. They’ll have daily testings. They won’t be able to go home for bye week. They’ll have to come back here and test every day. When we go on the road, they won’t be able to go out to dinner with anybody. They’ll have to travel on buses differently, travel on planes differently. A lot of the meetings will be virtual like this, so there’s not only the safety part of being vaccinated, but as far as being part of a football team, it’s just going to be so much easier.”

Mike Zimmer

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

"The unvaccinated players are going to have a harder time in the season. They’re going to be wearing masks, they’ll have to social distance. They’ll have daily testings. They won’t be able to go home for bye week. They’ll have to come back here and test every day. When we go on the road, they won’t be able to go out to dinner with anybody. They’ll have to travel on buses differently, travel on planes differently. A lot of the meetings will be virtual like this, so there’s not only the safety part of being vaccinated, but as far as being part of a football team, it’s just going to be so much easier.”

Mike Zimmer

This, in addition to their other daily struggles going through life with a lack of sense.

• Like 4

Just now, incognito_man said:

This, in addition to their other daily struggles going through life with a lack of sense.

Not sure if Zimmer was running down a list of league mandates - or Viking imposed protocols - but I like them.

20 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Counting Dix as a miss but not bradbury. K. Hughes, Traded 2017 for bradford, Laquon, trae, sharif, cordarelle (2fer) and khalil.

What makes you say Spielmans better late? Outside of Mattison, Diggs and Danielle, you can throw everything after the 2nd round out. Like outside of those 3 the best pick was Blair Walsh? So Spielmans hot spot is the 2nd round? 

Yes, 100% like that. Hell 400% like that. We're very aware that TT fell off, thats why he was demoted. 

Even in your world you have to see at LEAST Spielman is comparable to TT's last few years. Probably think about finding the next guy.

Yeah Dix was a miss. The guy is doing camp tryouts at the age of 28. And the jury is still out on Bradbury i think, he's improved each year. 

If you dont want to count 2nd round picks. Odenigbo, Weatherly, Kearse, Stephen, Elflein, Conklin are a few players that are either slated to start or playing a key role for NFL teams this year. Not great players at all, but they definitely arent busts. 

18 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Troll much?  This is the Packers Forum after all.

First and second year players are not usually considered 'core' players because they haven't done that much yet.  So off of your list your core players are probably Thielen, Kendricks and Smith.  Old and at positions that don't age well. Cook has not played a full season yet and that includes college. Hunter had not signed when I posted that and there was plenty of buzz that he wasn't happy.

Young OL- yes; talented? still debatable.  Nice excuse for the OCs, you and I know Zimmer drives those guys out.

Could say?  You did say.  You are a hater, but that's okay.  Knowing GB is a good team doesn't change that.  Spielman is my favorite Viking because he keeps you mired in mediocrity and you guys defend him to the end.  Cracks me up.  August champs, until results get better. Good Luck.

Not at all. Just defending what i know to be poor takes. 

Old and at positions that dont age well? There has been plenty of players that have played well into their 30's at WR & S. LB maybe is true, but he has a few years left. And why couldnt a 2nd year player be a core player? Justin Jefferson isnt a core player according to your logic, like really?

Oh yes its debatable that two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, and one 3rd round pick are talented. Only debatable to you and your packer friends.  

Call me what you want, i aint a troll. Im a reasonable fan with reasonable expectations for my team. And i really feel like yall just write some things that are total nonsense about the Vikings. 

August champs? I mean that usually only happens when the consensus of football people around the league agree that you have had a good offseason. Doesnt always translate. But i think a majority of non packer fan bases would say that the Vikings are a good drafting team. 

17 hours ago, vegas492 said:

GB....34 wins the last 3 years.  Including playoffs.  Two appearances in the NFC Championship game.

Vikes.  26 wins over the last 3 years.  Including playoffs.  No appearances in the NFC Championship game.

Historically, Packers are 63-55-3 against the Vikings.

When I type in "How many championships do the Green Bay Packers have?" into Google, I get 13.

When I type in "How many championships do the Vikings have?" into Google, I get 1.

Packers have 26 individuals in the Hall of Fame.  Google.

Vikings have 15.  Google.

I think this could go on and on and on.  But it would make me look more like a Viking "hater".  And I am not.  Not at all.  GB, though, is superior in recent memory and in the historical archives, if you are looking at stats.  

All of that was fun ribbing.  And throw that out the window.  The Vikings are a darned competitive team, and it is a GREAT rivalry.  Great games to watch.

I've long watched drafts and seen guys that I wanted only to see GB pass on them and the Vikings pick them up.  Smith, Kendricks, Hunter just to name a few.

Onto the "superior" comment.  I think a lot of GB's success over the Vikes is due to Favre and Rodgers.  Maybe we will soon see how a new GB quarterbacks fits into this rivalry.

I still see the Vikes as a very serious contender for the division.  Even if Rodgers comes back.  Vikes have secondary issues, which may have been patched up this off-season.  Pass rush issues, and maybe Hunter is healthy and will remedy that situation.

Packers have, uh, have really no holes with Rodgers.  Pretty big hole without him, but maybe we do have a young kid ready to step up and fill it as much as he can.

I dont remember there ever being a trophy for total wins & NFC championship appearances.  The argument was for how are the Packers superior to the Vikings when it comes to drafting, because someone wanted to say ohh well they gotta sign guys cause they dont keep anyone they draft. BUT we all know yall like to puff out your chest and google championships/HOF players because what happened 10-20 years ago is so relevant right now. 

Obviously im in the Packers forum, because i thought there could be a legit conversation about two contending teams. BUT i was wrong, which is only the fault of my own. It turns into "were superior" - "August champs" - "Troll" - "google my Super bowl wins 10 and 20 years ago" - "You cant say Jefferson is a core player because he's only played one year" - "you cant count 2nd round picks when making an argument that your GM is good at drafting" - "Thielen & Kendricks are old, but Adams next year at 30 is ELITE" - "Smith is old and way past his prime, after 3 straight elite years" - "No holes on this roster!" - "Talented OL? No way" 

Yet.... Im the troll? Packers fanbase lol. You either hate it or... Your a Packers fan. 

20 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think the best take I ever saw on Cousins was "he's always great when you don't need him to be" 

3 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

I dont remember there ever being a trophy for total wins & NFC championship appearances.  The argument was for how are the Packers superior to the Vikings when it comes to drafting, because someone wanted to say ohh well they gotta sign guys cause they dont keep anyone they draft. BUT we all know yall like to puff out your chest and google championships/HOF players because what happened 10-20 years ago is so relevant right now. 

Obviously im in the Packers forum, because i thought there could be a legit conversation about two contending teams. BUT i was wrong, which is only the fault of my own. It turns into "were superior" - "August champs" - "Troll" - "google my Super bowl wins 10 and 20 years ago" - "You cant say Jefferson is a core player because he's only played one year" - "you cant count 2nd round picks when making an argument that your GM is good at drafting" - "Thielen & Kendricks are old, but Adams next year at 30 is ELITE" - "Smith is old and way past his prime, after 3 straight elite years" - "No holes on this roster!" - "Talented OL? No way" 

Yet.... Im the troll? Packers fanbase lol. You either hate it or... Your a Packers fan. 

What did you expect?  If a Packer fan came into your Viking forum with the same "stuff" you did ...  the outcome/reaction would be exactly the same.  No way you should be surprised ... at all.

3 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

I don’t really want an answer, but I just wonder if Vikings fans ever tire of doing this same thing every off-season? 

At least we Packers fans have the sense to know that we’re going to get into the playoffs and blow it in remarkable fashion. We don’t really pretend anything else is possible for us. 

5 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Yeah Dix was a miss. The guy is doing camp tryouts at the age of 28. And the jury is still out on Bradbury i think, he's improved each year. 

If you dont want to count 2nd round picks. Odenigbo, Weatherly, Kearse, Stephen, Elflein, Conklin are a few players that are either slated to start or playing a key role for NFL teams this year. Not great players at all, but they definitely arent busts. 

😂😂😂😂😂 alright we done here Simpson. Go back to your Nuclear factory.

2 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I honestly never understood these "the group of millionaires I root for is better than the group of millionaries you root for" discussions

Im also very incredibly over arguing football hypotheticals. The boats been missed. That wasnt even what I was arguing. I was just pointing out the vikings have cash to spend because theyve had people leave. Ol homie turned it into a pissing match.