NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Carl Nassib: discuss

It'll probably help some kid who is struggling so... 👍

On a somewhat related note I really couldn't care less what consenting adults do with their genitals but I do find it slightly weird when people mistake that for a personality trait. 🤷

• Like 2

Sam McDowell -   Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark was also previously arrested in March on a gun charge during a traffic stop, The Star has learned through California Highway Patrol records. The arrest Sunday was his second gun charge in three months.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Sam McDowell -   Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark was also previously arrested in March on a gun charge during a traffic stop, The Star has learned through California Highway Patrol records. The arrest Sunday was his second gun charge in three months.

Not the best state to get arrested twice for the same thing. 

Pro Football Talk -  No openly gay player has ever played in a regular-season NFL game. Michael Sam came out as gay before the 2014 NFL draft, was drafted by the Rams and played for them in the preseason, but he did not make a regular season roster. A handful of other players have come out after their playing careers ended.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Jimmy Cracked Corn and I don't care! How does it change anything? Can he play or not?  

Meh, this is important in regards to down the line so when there's openly gay players all over that people will legitimately think Jimmy cracked corn over one day, instead of using it (not saying you are, but it's happening obviously) as a way to basically say "wow nobody cares (aka I don't want to know)." It's obviously not easy to be a gay man in pro sports right now but it should only get easier and people like Carl coming out only help that become easier sooner. He's no crazy hero icon but what he did is important. He'll likely be remembered for a long damn time and it won't be for how he played. I'm usually the first one to mock the TMZ centric sports world we live in where the actual game seems constantly secondary, but this is a relatively big deal beyond the field, whether anyone wants to be too stubborn to admit it or not. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Stupid is as stupid does.  

11 hours ago, Norm said:

Meh, this is important in regards to down the line so when there's openly gay players all over that people will legitimately think Jimmy cracked corn over one day, instead of using it (not saying you are, but it's happening obviously) as a way to basically say "wow nobody cares (aka I don't want to know)." It's obviously not easy to be a gay man in pro sports right now but it should only get easier and people like Carl coming out only help that become easier sooner. He's no crazy hero icon but what he did is important. He'll likely be remembered for a long damn time and it won't be for how he played. I'm usually the first one to mock the TMZ centric sports world we live in where the actual game seems constantly secondary, but this is a relatively big deal beyond the field, whether anyone wants to be too stubborn to admit it or not. 

I don't know who this is, but quit hacking Norm's profile.  This is incredibly thoughtful and true.

Knock it off and leave Norm's posting to Norm! We need to return to NORMal.

• Like 1