NFL News & Notes

Leader

ProFootballTalk -  Last year, NFL teams hosting games were required to provide sufficient locker room space for visiting teams to permit for full-blown physical distancing. This year, that requirement does not apply — regardless of the vaccination status of the visiting team.

A July 8 memo sent by the league to all teams addressed the question of whether home teams would be required to once again make extra space available, given that home teams won’t know how many of the opposing players are vaccinated.

“Clubs are not required to provide additional space beyond the visiting team locker room this year,” the memo explains. “Visiting clubs must assign lockers to unvaccinated players to ensure they maintain physical distance from other unvaccinated players.”

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -   NFL informed teams last week that they must have a system (wristband, credentials, etc.) for visually identifying vaccinated players and other Tier 1 and Tier 2 individuals.

Hmm....deliberately singling out a segment of a population by making them wear an article of clothing differentiating them from the rest of of the group. I feel like I've seen this before...

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

Hmm....deliberately singling out a segment of a population by making them wear an article of clothing differentiating them from the rest of of the group. I feel like I've seen this before...

If you're even implying a similarity with what happened to the Jews - you're taking a lot of liberties with reality.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It's terrible optics though for real. This just seems antagonistic.

*"This" being the league mandating this rule

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's terrible optics though for real. This just seems antagonistic.

*"This" being the league mandating this rule

I do believe those players could have a legal case against the NFL, besides the bad optics. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I do believe those players could have a legal case against the NFL, besides the bad optics.

There's certainly enough lawyers around to bring a lawsuit - but what would be their legal standing. On what basis would they sue?

• Like 1

ProFootballTalk -  Two NFL teams have still failed to get most of their players vaccinated. The Colts and the Washington Football Team are still under 50 percent vaccinated, according to Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press.

That’s an update to a previous report that had the Colts and Washington joining the Chargers and Cardinals as the only four teams with less than 50 percent of players vaccinated. The Chargers and Cardinals have since topped the 50 percent threshold, according to the report.

Teams that have 85 percent of their players vaccinated will have fewer restrictions in their team facilities.

Edited by Leader

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Unequal treatment in the work place. Discrimination! Those two for starters. 

How is it unequal when the league and NFLPA agreed to the rules?

How is it discrimination when it is a choice the player is making to not get vaccinated?

If this is the case, then why haven’t players but forth a legal case on PEDs, substance abuse, etc?