NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

This is simply like players with personality issues. We will tolerate it if its worth the risk for the team to tolerate it. As soon as your skill doesn't outweigh the risk bye bye. It should really only affect end of the roster guys which can't say I blame the teams. The season is only so many games as is so these teams can't lose a number of players to Covid and lose. One or two losses can be a difference in the #1 or #2 seed & falling out of the playoffs. 

The only part I don't agree with is the lost salary. Especially if its a team that has been doing its part and loses its salary because some other team is full of idiots.....

Well the other players will beat the unvaccinated ones with socks full of quarters after they lose their money too, so it all works out.

• Like 2

Peter Bukowski  -   Can't believe the Saints are wasting Jameis' prime by not getting him any help.

This is obviously a joke, but since the Saints picked Michael Thomas in 2016, they've taken one skill player in the top 100, yet we never hear "Oh the Saints aren't trying to win with Drew Brees." They do some fake salary cap stuff, but they rebuilt the team through the draft.

Courtney Cronin -  Breaking: Rick Dennison is out as Vikings offensive line coach/run game coordinator after refusing the COVID-19 vaccine. MIN will promote assistant OL coach Phil Rauscher to replace Dennison, hired Auburn special teams analyst Ben Steele as an assistant.

• Andrew Brandt - There will be lawyers.

Edited by Leader

Albert Breer -   Dennison was Gary Kubiak's offensive coordinator in Houston and Denver, and is a trusted line guru across the Shanahan coaching tree. In the year the Vikings lose Kubiak, this only compounds that loss. So the COVID-19 rules already having a sizable impact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Albert Breer -   Dennison was Gary Kubiak's offensive coordinator in Houston and Denver, and is a trusted line guru across the Shanahan coaching tree. In the year the Vikings lose Kubiak, this only compounds that loss. So the COVID-19 rules already having a sizable impact.

IIRC, there's been a bit of a shift away from Kubiak's philosophy so this more or less is a loss in regards to the coach's ability as a single coach and less about Kubiak's philosophy. JMO

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Big news for Week 1. 

I'm not so sure, People have been slowly figuring out Michael Thomas for quite sometime. I suspect we're going to see a lot more Kamara and Murray in this one, especially when the QB situation is really up in the air(do they really trust Jameis?). I'm a little more concerned about that defense as their secondary improved through the draft and they've added a few nice pieces to that front-7.

Edited by Joe

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm not so sure, People have been slowly figuring out Michael Thomas for quite sometime. I suspect we're going to see a lot more Kamara and Murray in this one, especially when the QB situation is really up in the air(do they really trust Jameis?). I'm a little more concerned about that defense as their secondary improved through the draft and they've added a few nice pieces to that front-7.

Jordan Love is going to torch that defense. They lost Hendricks to FA. They lost their best interior D-lineman to illegal substances. Slow down Cam Jordan and they have no pass rush! That will give Love all the time he needs to pick apart that secondary. Who is going to play the other CB opposite Lattimore? 

2 hours ago, Leader said:
Courtney Cronin -  Breaking: Rick Dennison is out as Vikings offensive line coach/run game coordinator after refusing the COVID-19 vaccine. MIN will promote assistant OL coach Phil Rauscher to replace Dennison, hired Auburn special teams analyst Ben Steele as an assistant.

• Andrew Brandt - There will be lawyers.

Oh yes there will and I don't believe the NFL will be getting away with this. Total infringement on the man's rights, but we shall see. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Oh yes there will and I don't believe the NFL will be getting away with this. Total infringement on the man's rights, but we shall see. 

If the coaching contract has any language pertaining to " conduct detrimental to team/ organization ", they may be just fine. 

Also would guess Minnesota HR discussed with the legal staff about the ability to fire Dennison.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

there is zero infringement on any of his "rights" here

Like all coaches, he's got a contract. I'm 100% certain there is no language in his contract pertaining to his being required to get vaccinations of any kind. Those health related things are usually vetted, physical, before a contract is signed in most instances. If it wasn't it is on the NFL not the coach. The NFL and NFLPA did this unilaterally, thus changing his contract without his approval. 

There is a clear infringement. I know you are pro-vax, but take that and your emotion on the subject out of it for a second,  and I'm sure you'll see his legal standing.