NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No

They're recommending this because nobody who is unvaccinated is wearing their damn masks. 70% of the country is vaccinated and 99% of the people aren't wearing masks, and the 1% that is wearing masks, are overly cautious people that have been vaccinated. 

So we have 30% of the country both unvaxed and not wearing masks, and these *** keep getting sick and filling up hospital beds again.

So because we have no effective means of forcing mask compliance, we're likely having to do all of this **** over again, because the dumbest people in the country won't follow the damn rules. 

Hey, hey, hey......I'm in that 1% and I'm not overly cautious. Just smart. I've got unvaccinated people all around me - with thousands flying or driving in every day to soak up the sun. I dont need to mess with the DV simply because.....well, I wont repeat your last sentence, but it can be inserted here :)

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No

They're recommending this because nobody who is unvaccinated is wearing their damn masks. 70% of the country is vaccinated and 99% of the people aren't wearing masks, and the 1% that is wearing masks, are overly cautious people that have been vaccinated. 

So we have 30% of the country both unvaxed and not wearing masks, and these *** keep getting sick and filling up hospital beds again.

So because we have no effective means of forcing mask compliance, we're likely having to do all of this **** over again, because the dumbest people in the country won't follow the damn rules. 

I didn't see any of the unvaccinated people crossing our border wearing masks? hmmmmm 

Just sayin'! 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Just sayin'! 

People literally die to try and come here and you're making light of it.

Like what type of schitty people have we become where we are a country that refuses vaccination and somehow still belittle people trying to get here. Parents willingly give up their children to try and get them here.

And this is the response.

How utterly disgusting. I'm suddenly so disgusted by what we've become.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Like what type of schitty people have we become where we are a country that refuses vaccination and somehow still belittle people trying to get here. Parents willingly give up their children to try and get them here.

If you're trying to mitigate transmission ,allowing people to stampede our border without vaccines, without testing, seems counter productive to that cause. 

You can't have it both ways. Either we are trying to stop it or not. Those coming here are potentially going to kill people here if they pass on COVID to them. 

That is reality! 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

how about no penalties for anyone and a straightforward path to citizenship instead?

people don't want to be illegal already

Implementing penalties for something people already don't want will not result in a solution. Allowing people to do something EVERYBODY wants makes just way too much sense - which is why it isn't happening.

You would destroy the unskilled labor market with a massive influx of workers. This isn't the 1890s where you wanted uneducated laborers who would work in your factories. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I didn't see any of the unvaccinated people crossing our border wearing masks? hmmmmm 

Just sayin'! 

That's also a problem. 

A couple hundred thousand unvaccinated people coming into the country is an issue.

80 million people not getting vaccinated and not wearing masks is a bigger problem. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If you're trying to mitigate transmission ,allowing people to stampede our border without vaccines, without testing, seems counter productive to that cause. 

You can't have it both ways. Either we are trying to stop it or not. Those coming here are potentially going to kill people here if they pass on COVID to them. 

That is reality! 

So call your Senator and tell them to pass immigration legislation so immigrants have a pathway to citizenship and aren't forced into deciding between schitty and schittier and can choose "safe and legal" instead and we can avoid all of this. Including the tiny, tiny, TINY issue of unvaccinated immigrants (which is obviously not what this administration wants).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No

100%. I work in the ER. Covid is back in a biggg way, and it's the young people who didn't get vaccinated more than the elderly this time around. The older population with co morbidities are coming in, but this run has really seen an increase in the 20 to 30 year olds. At least in the population I work in. Also it's Florida, so masks are long gone.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Dude, look at the immigration laws in every developed country. The United States takes the most legal immigrants. Most European nations won't take you unless you have both an advanced degree and a job lined up. Meanwhile the US will take anybody who's willing to wait in line long enough. 

Unless you're advocating for a world without borders, that isn't the play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

So call your Senator and tell them to pass immigration legislation so immigrants have a pathway to citizenship and aren't forced into deciding between schitty and schittier and can choose "safe and legal" instead and we can avoid all of this. Including the tiny, tiny, TINY issue of unvaccinated immigrants (which is obviously not what this administration wants).

I'll pass on that call! This is now heading down a path where it's gets too political for me.

Enjoy your Day! Hopefully we didn't pay Cobb 8 million or give up too much for him. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You would destroy the unskilled labor market with a massive influx of workers. This isn't the 1890s where you wanted uneducated laborers who would work in your factories. 

You're assuming I meant completely unregulated. I never said or implied that. Even the most basic legislation that allows for a pathway for highly skilled workers ALREADY here can't get approval...