NFL News & Notes

Leader

18 hours ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -  Carson Wentz and the Colts are waiting for Dr. Robert Anderson to review scans of the quarterback’s injured foot, per source. Once Anderson sees the scans, they will have a better idea of how long Wentz will be sidelined. At this time, it is not expected to be season-ending.

That’s a bummer for the Colts. They have other defense right now to win big, just need the QB. 

33 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

That’s a bummer for the Colts. They have other defense right now to win big, just need the QB. 

Wonder if they'll go with their current roster guys - they'll trade for somebody - or - if they'll convince Rivers to come back for a bit. The latter might not be a bad idea.

Rotoworld -   Colts signed QB Brett Hundley.

It's a sign the Colts expect an extended absence for Carson Wentz, who could miss the early part of the season if he undergoes surgery. The Colts are likely to keep three quarterbacks given Wentz's injury. Hundley will compete with Sam Ehlinger and UDFA Jalen Morton for a spot behind Jacob Eason.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Rotoworld -   Colts signed QB Brett Hundley.

It's a sign the Colts expect an extended absence for Carson Wentz, who could miss the early part of the season if he undergoes surgery. The Colts are likely to keep three quarterbacks given Wentz's injury. Hundley will compete with Sam Ehlinger and UDFA Jalen Morton for a spot behind Jacob Eason.

Expect them to be calling the Bears about Nick Foles soon. That would be in interesting reunion with Foles and Wentz. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Expect them to be calling the Bears about Nick Foles soon. That would be in interesting reunion with Foles and Wentz. 

Possibly.....depends on how long Wentz is gonna be laid up. I'm tellin' ya - I'd give Rivers a call first.
He knows the lay of the land perfectly and can hit the ground running.....figuratively. I dont mean they're gonna turn him into a running QB :)

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Possibly.....depends on how long Wentz is gonna be laid up. I'm tellin' ya - I'd give Rivers a call first.
He knows the lay of the land perfectly and can hit the ground running.....figuratively. I dont mean they're gonna turn him into a running QB :)

I'd pay decent money to see that.

Adam Schefter -  Browns and RB Nick Chubb reached agreement on a three-year, $36.6 million extension that includes $30 million guaranteed, per source. Chubb will be a free agent again at age 28.

Ian Rapoport -  The #Browns and RB Nick Chubb have an agreement in principle on a 3-year contract extension worth $36.6M, per sources. $20M fully guaranteed. A huge deal for the bell cow in Cleveland.

///

Vegas is offering odds on which one got it right.

22 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Mond looks to be the rocket surgeon who caught it.  Off to a brilliant start, looks like the Vikings got a good one, lol

What is a rocket surgeon? 

As for Mond, not sure if he was or wasn't vaccinated but Lamar Jackson has gotten in twice, last year and now this year. Is he too a rocket surgeon? 

There are a lot of players in COVID protocols to start the season. 

Edited by Old Guy

Ian Rapoport -   That was fast. Colts QB Carson Wentz will have surgery to repair his foot, per coach Frank Reich. He’s out up to 12 weeks, but could be much less. They will remove a bone in his foot.

• Andrew Brandt -  Bad news for Colts, and bad news for Eagles (lowering chance 2022 draft pick upgrades to a first).

Edited by Leader

Field Yates -   Here's what Nick Foles would be owed if acquired in a trade:

2021: $4M base salary (guaranteed), $4M cap hit

2022: $4M roster bonus (guaranteed), $4M base salary ($1M guaranteed), $8M cap hit

Foles has $6M available in incentives/escalators each year too.

///

Outside of draft picks to be used, he's about as cheap as a veteran QB can get.