NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 8/21/2021 at 1:28 PM, packfanfb said:

Lol that LT for the Bears...

We need to hope that the entire staff there gets new deals .. Pace and Nagy are fairly inept at times.  They cut loose of a solid LT and then drafted a kid that's damaged goods.  Then they add a 39 year old to be their LT.  

23 hours ago, Isherwood said:

I hate to be the guy who always harps on rival fans, but it is...insane...how hyperbolic about Justin Fields Bears fans are being, on the whole. It has reached mental illness levels

They are not wrong yet.

Insane? It's the thing now.  Reasonable folks don't get likes!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol idk if Fields will be good. But this idea that they can't be excited when we'd do the same ****....

i actually think he will be good if CHI doesn't ruin him. He'll be the best non-GB QB in the division since...Culpepper? 

Edited by incognito_man

I thought the Bears would be in QB hell for a while.  They gave up a lot to get Mack, and pushed all in with Mitch.  That didn't work out, but they didn't have to give up all that much for Fields.  It was a very, very good move for Chicago.

He needs to sit down, though.  Let Dalton take that beating this year.  If the line stabilizes, then he can play.  I'd trot out Foles if Dalton goes down just so Fields doesn't get ruined right away.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i actually think he will be good if CHI doesn't ruin him. He'll be the best non-GB QB in the division since...Culpepper? 

Yeah I'm not really thrilled they got him. But that doesn't mean he'll be great or anything. I'm also not trying to wish him out of existence either. I'm sure as hell not happy we might have to play him instead of Dalton/Foles/Turbs level players. I think there's some fear being hidden deep down right now being covered up by the team he went to as if they'll automatically stop him being being any good. I'm worried myself I guess is what I'm getting at.

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I thought the Bears would be in QB hell for a while.  They gave up a lot to get Mack, and pushed all in with Mitch.  That didn't work out, but they didn't have to give up all that much for Fields.  It was a very, very good move for Chicago.

He needs to sit down, though.  Let Dalton take that beating this year.  If the line stabilizes, then he can play.  I'd trot out Foles if Dalton goes down just so Fields doesn't get ruined right away.

And you'd get fired for it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Yeah I'm not really thrilled they got him. But that doesn't mean he'll be great or anything. I'm also not trying to wish him out of existence either. I'm sure as hell not happy we might have to play him instead of Dalton/Foles/Turbs level players. I think there's some fear being hidden deep down right now being covered up by the team he went to as if they'll automatically stop him being being any good. I'm worried myself I guess is what I'm getting at.

I agree. He has a chance to be quite good. But there is reason to believe they might ruin him too, which is what we should all be rooting for. Hopefully he starts very soon behind that bad OL and develops some unbreakable bad habits ASAP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

Nooo! Geno Atkins heading to the Hawks. Really wanted us to sign him and certainly didn't want him to go to an NFC contender.

Don't worry, we won't hear his name again until the next time he's a free agent

• Like 3

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I agree. He has a chance to be quite good. But there is reason to believe they might ruin him too, which is what we should all be rooting for. Hopefully he starts very soon behind that bad OL and develops some unbreakable bad habits ASAP.

He's already getting banged up .. in both games he's been seen limping around.  He's going to have to learn to get down when he runs, or he will constantly be battling injuries.  Bad Oline and a bad habit of being a tough guy hero when he runs could be a really bad combination.  Talent wise he looks like a stud, but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's already getting banged up .. in both games he's been seen limping around.  He's going to have to learn to get down when he runs, or he will constantly be battling injuries.  Bad Oline and a bad habit of being a tough guy hero when he runs could be a really bad combination.  Talent wise he looks like a stud, but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I'm rooting for him to bust hard with the Bears, but, to make up for it, he can make a lot of money and win AFCC games later in his career.

• Like 2