NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We need to hope that the entire staff there gets new deals .. Pace and Nagy are fairly inept at times.  They cut loose of a solid LT and then drafted a kid that's damaged goods.  Then they add a 39 year old to be their LT.  

One that's injury prone too. I've been living in the Philly metro since the Philly Philly Super Bowl and Peters has missed significant time every year since...

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

i actually think he will be good if CHI doesn't ruin him. He'll be the best non-GB QB in the division since...Culpepper? 

Uh...Stafford???

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Don't worry, we won't hear [Geno Atkin's] name again until the next time he's a free agent

Throw out his 2018 year and his Sacks, TFL, and QB Hits(fwiw) have all gone down. He's still a fairly solid player I suspect, but he's not the player he once was.

Edited by Joe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I thought the Bears would be in QB hell for a while.  They gave up a lot to get Mack, and pushed all in with Mitch.  That didn't work out, but they didn't have to give up all that much for Fields.  It was a very, very good move for Chicago.

He needs to sit down, though.  Let Dalton take that beating this year.  If the line stabilizes, then he can play.  I'd trot out Foles if Dalton goes down just so Fields doesn't get ruined right away.

Quiet!!! don't give them any smart ideas!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I agree. He has a chance to be quite good. But there is reason to believe they might ruin him too, which is what we should all be rooting for. Hopefully he starts very soon behind that bad OL and develops some unbreakable bad habits ASAP.

Outside of the Clemson game, he looked very suspect last year so I'm not sure where all this public confidence in him is coming from.  He was completely lost vs Bama and is prolly still having nightmares about Christian Barmore.  He did not play well vs NW or Indiana and they won despite his play.  Who knows... he might wind up being good in the NFL but he might wind up being the next in a long line of Ohio St QB busts...  

Since he's a Bear, I'm hoping for the latter lol.

9 hours ago, Norm said:

Lol idk if Fields will be good. But this idea that they can't be excited when we'd do the same ****....

Maybe? Idk, I’m not going to pump Love up until he actually plays a real game or two. Bears fans are just taking it to an unreasonable level 

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

i actually think he will be good if CHI doesn't ruin him. He'll be the best non-GB QB in the division since...Culpepper? 

I feel like Stafford made the Lions better than they otherwise would've been, but often was stuck with crap coaches, shoddy D, and wildly unbalanced offenses (he generally had good WRs). 

I hope I get a chance to draft him in fantasy because I'd love to root for him in LA. 

Rosen cut by 9ers, immediately snapped up by Falcons. Maybe he does alright and keeps them from poaching Benkert(sp?). I’m not too worried either way but can’t see us keeping QB3 on the 53. We’ll need a guy on PS and it might as well be the guy who’s shown some command of the offense this offseason. 

8 hours ago, Refugee said:

Rosen cut by 9ers, immediately snapped up by Falcons. Maybe he does alright and keeps them from poaching Benkert(sp?). I’m not too worried either way but can’t see us keeping QB3 on the 53. We’ll need a guy on PS and it might as well be the guy who’s shown some command of the offense this offseason. 

There were some red flags on Rosen coming out of college. Mostly about his personality but he's been dealt a bad hand. Drafted by an Arizona franchise that was in disarray. New coach after rookie year who wanted his guy. 

Not sure Atlanta is a picture of stability but Ryan has a couple more years in him. If Rosen could become his back up for two years he could become an NFL starter. Kind of like the time Jameis Winston had behind Brees. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

There were some red flags on Rosen coming out of college. Mostly about his personality but he's been dealt a bad hand. Drafted by an Arizona franchise that was in disarray. New coach after rookie year who wanted his guy.

He's moving to his 5th organization in a short NFL career. At none of his previous stops was his talent deemed good enough to make him the guy - or even keep him around. 

However, he's made over 17M - so it hasnt been all bad. I hope he's banking it, cause the cash is dwindling over time.

Edited by Leader

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I toad you all so about Rosen.

The person isn’t there. At all. It’s not his talent or his potential that’s making teams trade him or cut him.

Dude is NOT all there mentally.

Did people want to sign him? Is that why it's being discussed? Just curious here

53 minutes ago, Norm said:

Did people want to sign him? Is that why it's being discussed? Just curious here

No, I’m just reflecting. People wanted us to go after him when the Cardinals were trading him and I got into it.

There was a coach interview I cited that just sounded WAY off. Something one of his college coaches said. It was coach speak for, “This kid is not all there mentally and he has borderline psychotic personality disorders.”

I sense these things sometimes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, I’m just reflecting. People wanted us to go after him when the Cardinals were trading him and I got into it.

There was a coach interview I cited that just sounded WAY off. Something one of his college coaches said. It was coach speak for, “This kid is not all there mentally and he has borderline psychotic personality disorders.”

I sense these things sometimes.

Yah, I remember that.  Rosen has a really high opinion of himself.  It was pretty easy to read those tea leaves.