NFL News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

JK Dobbins had the look of someone who know's his season is over as they were carting him off the field.

Unfortunate for him and the Ravens. That is why you don't play your starters in the preseason.

What work did he get done that was more important than him being ready for the regular season and playoffs? We all know the answer to that question. 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Unfortunate for him and the Ravens. That is why you don't play your starters in the preseason.

What work did he get done that was more important than him being ready for the regular season and playoffs? We all know the answer to that question. 

I feel bad for the guy and the team. He’s still young, so you could justify him getting some work. We’ve been giving AJD a fair number of snaps and we don’t doubt what he can do. I wouldn’t have been mad to see 32,22,&27 get all of the work but understand why they wanted to get Dillon in there. 

10 hours ago, Refugee said:

I feel bad for the guy and the team. He’s still young, so you could justify him getting some work. We’ve been giving AJD a fair number of snaps and we don’t doubt what he can do. I wouldn’t have been mad to see 32,22,&27 get all of the work but understand why they wanted to get Dillon in there. 

I believe Dobbins is their #1 RB, Dillon is #2. I guess I'm for more caution in the preseason because at the end of the day, the games are only important for guys on the bubble. I wouldn't allow any of my key guys to see a minute in preseason, like LaFleur did. 

Now, you obviously have to play some guys. Jordan Love made a ton of sense to me. 

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If the Packers really feel okay with Nijman being the swing tackle, could see Kelly on the block. Colts going to be looking for help.

I'm not sure they come calling. They have Eric Fisher who will be back at some point. They also seem to have better back up tackles than Kelly. 

Edited by Old Guy

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No chance I trade one of our top 4 tackles looking at this roster. If anything, I try to trade for another one.

43 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I actually agree. Just hope the Packers feel the same way. 

You wouldn't trade Kelly for Buckner?

Mike Golic Jr -    Vikings and All-Pro Safety Harrison Smith have agreed to a 4-year, $64 million extension, per source. The deal makes Smith the second highest-paid safety in the NFL at the age of 32.

• Ross Uglem -   Look man, any time you can pay market setting money to a 32.5 year old safety whose play declined sharply in 2020 from 2019 I don’t see how there’s another choice.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Mike Golic Jr -    Vikings and All-Pro Safety Harrison Smith have agreed to a 4-year, $64 million extension, per source. The deal makes Smith the second highest-paid safety in the NFL at the age of 32.

• Ross Uglem -   Look man, any time you can pay market setting money to a 32.5 year old safety whose play declined sharply in 2020 from 2019 I don’t see how there’s another choice.

Why the Vikings are always going to be mediocre. 

Albert Breer -      Roger Goodell in 2015: "We've been very open about our position that we oppose legalized sports gambling. We haven't changed our position on that. I don't anticipate us changing that going forward at all."

Today, the NFL announced deals with Fox Bet, BetMGM, PointsBet & WynnBet.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Albert Breer -      Roger Goodell in 2015: "We've been very open about our position that we oppose legalized sports gambling. We haven't changed our position on that. I don't anticipate us changing that going forward at all."

Today, the NFL announced deals with Fox Bet, BetMGM, PointsBet & WynnBet.

Roger does what Roger is told! He's just a puppet whose strings are well hidden.