NFL News & Notes

Leader

Kevin Seifert -   11 taunting penalties in 32 #NFL games has everyone fired up.

///

I mean....eventually the players need to chill out right? I mean.....they're calling your antics and it's a 15yarder.

It's a team game.

It's not you personally up against whomever you just tackled / beat for a reception or feel like yacking at.

26 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Is it still too early to judge their draft? 😂

Don’t know the injury status etc. but Zimmer is well known for not wanting rookies in there until he really trusts them. I remember it took most of the season to get Trae Waynes in. To some extent, we’ve been similar with the exception of OL which has worked well for us overall.

It’s great if you can keep vets out there and develop your talent but at some point you’ve got to get those guys experience not to mention save some money replacing vet contracts with rookie deals. Zim’s seat is heating up, it will be interesting to see the response. 

Edited by Refugee

Field Yates -   Pro Football HOF has announced 122 nominees for the class of 2022, including 10 first-year eligible players:

WR Anquan Boldin
WR Devin Hester
WR Andre Johnson
WR Steve Smith
OL Jake Long
C Nick Mangold
OLB DeMarcus Ware
DL Robert Mathis
DL Vince Wilfork
DB Antonio Cromartie.

Rob Demovsky -   Nine players with Packers ties (some stronger than others) on this list:

LeRoy Butler
Nick Collins
Donald Driver
Ryan Longwell
Seth Joyner
Jeff Saturday
Wesley Walls
Allen Rossum
Hardy Nickerson

Edited by Leader

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -   Pro Football HOF has announced 122 nominees for the class of 2022, including 10 first-year eligible players:

WR Anquan Boldin
WR Devin Hester
WR Andre Johnson
WR Steve Smith
OL Jake Long
C Nick Mangold
OLB DeMarcus Ware
DL Robert Mathis
DL Vince Wilfork
DB Antonio Cromartie.

Rob Demovsky -   Nine players with Packers ties (some stronger than others) on this list:

LeRoy Butler
Nick Collins
Donald Driver
Ryan Longwell
Seth Joyner
Jeff Saturday
Wesley Walls
Allen Rossum
Hardy Nickerson

LeRoy Butler is deserving, the rest of the Packers are not. How does Allen Rossum even get on this list? 

Edited by Old Guy

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

WR Anquan Boldin
WR Devin Hester
WR Andre Johnson
WR Steve Smith
OL Jake Long
C Nick Mangold
OLB DeMarcus Ware
DL Robert Mathis
DL Vince Wilfork
DB Antonio Cromartie.

LeRoy Butler
Nick Collins
Donald Driver
Ryan Longwell
Seth Joyner
Jeff Saturday
Wesley Walls
Allen Rossum
Hardy Nickerson

Don't see anybody on the list I'd put in.  A couple of Hall of Pretty Goods though.

23 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Don't see anybody on the list I'd put in.  A couple of Hall of Pretty Goods though.

I don’t know I think Devin Hester should get in... I mean if we are looking at hall of fame at positions, he is clearly the best returner. At least modern era.

We will likely never see anything like it ever again, with rules etc.

So I think this one instance can be justified... regardless if he was useless in every other aspect of the game. 

Not first ballot mind you. But he should get in at some point.

I agree all the others aren’t hall of fame impressive. Maybe Wilfork will get it because much like the Lombardi packers... I have a feeling that any patriot of note from this era will get in because of the winning.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Those first year recievers are all in the Hall of REALLY good IMO. Hines Ward and Reggie Wayne seem to be the benchmarks for just not quite good enough to get in for now and I don't think any of those guys are a clear tier above statistically. I'd guess Johnson, Smith, and Boldin are all top 10 all time in one or more of the Rec/Yrds/TDS categories off the top of my head but that's not enough. 🤷

The centers were both arguably the best centers in the league for a decade but they are centers. 

I think Butler deserves it but I think I'm biased and don't think it will happen.

The only person on that list I think you could make a really good argument for is Devin Hester. You could easily make the argument he was the best returner of all time. Is that enough to deserve a gold jacket? 🤷

• Like 1