NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 9/25/2021 at 9:37 AM, Leader said:

What's this litigation have to do with Jerry Jones (or other NFL Owners) and why may they have to testify if it isnt settled and goes to trial?

ProFootballTalk -  The pending lawsuit over the relocation of the Rams continues to generate not nearly as much attention as it should, what with a trial looming in January, all legal obstacles to that trial removed, and owners like Stan Kroenke and Jerry Jones facing a court order to disclose financial information in support of a potential punitive damages award or pay $1,000 each per day until they do.

If Jerry Jones and other owners paid money to get the Rams moved so the league would generate more money, that's pertinent information to the case. 

• Like 1

There's also this as it relates directly to Jerry Jones...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_Hospitality

He makes huge coin off all these mega new stadium projects. And SoFi was a cash cow for him, even netting a piece of the naming rights deal.

Jones benefits from holding cities hostage for new stadiums more than any other owner in pro sports.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Of course this is the headline when Brady team’s defense dosent hold their opponent to single digits or something. Then he “wins” a game when he plays average and his defense is lights out 

It'll be interesting to monitor what effect all this early season chucking that Brady's doing has on his arm later in the season.

Game 1: 32 of 50
Game 2: 24 of 36
Yesterday: 41 of 55

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

It'll be interesting to monitor what effect all this early season chucking that Brady's doing has on his arm later in the season.

Game 1: 32 of 50
Game 2: 24 of 36
Yesterday: 41 of 55

It was a question I had last year in the Arians’ offense vs the quicker rhythm stuff he had been working with in NE. Well, he answered the question last season but I won’t be mad to finally see the old arm get overworked in this one. 

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

He makes huge coin off all these mega new stadium projects. And SoFi was a cash cow for him, even netting a piece of the naming rights deal.

Jones benefits from holding cities hostage for new stadiums more than any other owner in pro sports.

if there's a dollar to be made somehow, Jerry is the guy to find it.

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

He operates all his businesses this way regardless of who is across the table from him. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm from TX originally and my father's advertising firm dealt with Jerry on a regular basis in the early 80's. My dad didn't talk much about work when I was a kid, but my dad completely lost his $#!^ when Jerry bought the Cowboys....it's one of the reasons my family chose to change alliances on the spot...

Adam Schefter -   Bears’ HC Matt Nagy told reporters today that all three QBs - Justin Fields, Nick Foles and Andy Dalton - are under consideration to start in Week 4 against the Lions.

///

Maybe they dont want to divulge if Dalton's healthy? If thats not the case, then I dont understand these people. Just pick a guy and go with him.

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Of course this is the headline when Brady team’s defense dosent hold their opponent to single digits or something. Then he “wins” a game when he plays average and his defense is lights out 

But he doesn't kill puppies and pinch babies until they cry like other QB's do. 

2 hours ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

How many chances can a guy like Gordon get ? At what point do you just say no ! Signing him and giving him a decent amount of money is just enabling a guy like him. I'm all for giving a person a chance but this kinda ridiculous.

More talent buys you more chances in life - especially with Reid - who's own sons struggled with substance abuse.
The GB - KC game is slated for Nov 7 - maybe you'll see Gordon then... maybe you won't. The weed rules are super relaxed now, although he probably re-enters the League with some restrictions in place