NFL News & Notes

Leader

27 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The real winners in this is the Raiders organization because they don't have to live up to the entire 10 year contract for Gruden

After Sunday's loss to the hapless Bears, the Raiders begged to get the emails released to make sure they could get away from Gruden and out of that contract :)

With people in power, notoriety, celebrity etc, there is a sense that they are above everyone else, because they are, they have worked and achieved to rise to the top and in that sense they feel the law don't apply to them in the same way. Hence there is plenty of dirt flying around, it's just a case of who has it and how they leverage it.

The fact that now so much of our lives are recorded and stored, no longer do thoughts live just in our heads or that words can be spoken and things be done and then it immediately evaporates and is gone. It is now etched and recorded and that's why one is forced to self-censor, as it is a double edged sword while we can catch inappropriate activities with evidence, the silly, stupid and risqué also comes under the microscope. It is very scary in a way, as the façade of who we really are, what we think and feel becomes thicker.

32 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Oh it's ALL part of the induced "culture"  We have our current hack AG threatening parents speaking at school board meetings with FBI storm troopers just for saying something big power government doesn't like about their forced crt or virus mandates.  It doesn't matter on every issue if the gov is involved or not, they are forcing the issue one way or another.  That's what and where this sound asleep "woke" joke is and where it is originating from.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Nobody is down playing anything.  The emails I have seen were made when he was not an employee of the NFL or their teams.  I haven't seen the majority of them though the way it sounds.  It's fine to have an opinion, and it's fine not to agree with another's opinion.  But the attack on free speech and the 1st Amendment is very real.  I'd like to know what his payoff is.  I guarantee you lawyers were involved, and I guarantee you his payoff was substantial.  That's because he most definitely did nothing illegal.  The "attack" on women really is laughable.  His primary attack being he was against women being refs or coaches?   Now let's talk about the lyrics in todays rap noise but of course that gets a total pass by the leftist media and their sheep.

I think this is where I’m at. The issue I have is it is with a different employer and how many years ago? Like this screams to me a situation that happened months ago where a woman got an editor and chief job at a publication but all of her soon to be team members went thru her social media and found troubling comments and basically stopped the woman from getting hired. She made the comments when she was like 16 or something.

Its setting up a situation where people have to be perfect from cradle to grave. Which if that’s the case... cool but everyone needs to know what they are signing up for. And a lot of people aren’t going to be able to handle that type of moral compass.

Plus everyone is dunking on Gruden right now... but it’s like Andrew Brandt tweeted, executives everywhere in the league called their IT departments. That would tell me there are a lot of people in the league that can likely have things brought to light too. Maybe not the stuff Gruden did... but likely things that could be seen as problematic as well.