Jump to content

NFL News & Notes


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Seems like you do to truly understand others on many different levels, but I get it. No worries, it helps organize things for you.

One last thought and I’m done. Many of the same “marginalized folks” the poster claim to be acutely aware of are able to handle the hateful things done to them by others through their belief/faith and it helps them to deal with it with grace and class.

Wonder how they would feel when that too gets attacked or belittled so casually.

From what I've seen, they'd say the same thing. Because they're also disgusted to see their faith weaponized in the defense of racism, misogyny, and anti-gay and anti-trans actions/words.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I just know I'm somehow still surprised by the depths of stupidity I encounter. I get to the point of accepting "alright, some folks want to believe in fake things because life is hard - fine, whatever. It's sad but ok." And then I'm confronted with people who try to tell me that that's not a choice.

Just absolutely mind-numbing.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I should try to choose changing my height tomorrow and start believing I'm 6'5" because life will be easier.

I used to blame Russian PSYOPS for the ignorance of many among us.  But I think even the Russians overestimated our populace and are startled at the ease by which they can conduct their experiments.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

I used to blame Russian PSYOPS for the ignorance of many among us.  But I think even the Russians overestimated our populace and are startled at the ease by which they can conduct their experiments.

we're doomed. they must be absolutely giddy. you're absolutely right I think the timeline exceeded even their wildest fantasies.

----------------------------------

what a complete and utter failure of our education system that produces folks that confidently believe:

"I'm part of a group of 40 million people who choose to believe in wholly irrational magic. Some people online ridicule us because we're detached from reality. And that is as bad or WORSE than a woman or racial minority making 25% less money throughout their entire life than a less qualified person like me."

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Believing that women In the same job make more than 20% less than men is as delusional as anything the religious crackpots believe. 

ohmybad, i made up a number off the top of my head which was pretty damn close actually

i suppose that ruins the joke/point lol. Those few % points sure are delusion..

In 2020, women earned 84% of what men earned, according to a Pew Research Center analysis

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/05/25/gender-pay-gap-facts/

https://www.businessinsider.com/gender-wage-pay-gap-charts-2017-3

Overall, women who were full-time, year-round employees made 82.3 cents for every dollar men made in 2019, based on median earning data from the Census Current Population Survey. 

Edited by incognito_man
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

ohmybad, i made up a number off the top of my head which was pretty damn close actually

i suppose that ruins the joke/point lol. Those few % points sure are delusion..

In 2020, women earned 84% of what men earned, according to a Pew Research Center analysis

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/05/25/gender-pay-gap-facts/

https://www.businessinsider.com/gender-wage-pay-gap-charts-2017-3

Overall, women who were full-time, year-round employees made 82.3 cents for every dollar men made in 2019, based on median earning data from the Census Current Population Survey. 

You are a stats guy; you understand that is not comparing same job to same job.  Same job to same job the number is awfully close. 
 

ETA:  Packers content-maybe we should get a lady QB. Big salary cap savings. 

Edited by mikebpackfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

You are a stats guy; you understand that is not comparing same job to same job.  Same job to same job the number is awfully close. 
 

ETA:  Packers content-maybe we should get a lady QB. Big salary cap savings. 

i also never said "same job". I said "equally qualified". There's no reason to eliminate the opportunity adjustment for the point I am making.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i also never said "same job". I said "equally qualified". There's no reason to eliminate the opportunity adjustment for the point I am making.

Your point is that the flag-waving boomers are just mimicking Russian bots. 
 

Proving that point by mindlessly trotting out clearly ridiculous tired NPR statistics seem a bit dubious to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Your point is that the flag-waving boomers are just mimicking Russian bots. 
 

Proving that point by mindlessly trotting out clearly ridiculous tired NPR statistics seem a bit dubious to me. 

I think you should re-read what I actually wrote that you quoted. It has absolutely nothing to do with flags, boomers, Russians or bots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

The they in this sentence isn’t Russian Bots?  

That has nothing to do with the pay gap you originally replied about.

You're all over the place. 

There's two very distinct points I made. Which one are you hoping to discuss?

Next time I'll separate thoughts better, I can see why you got confused.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What the hell man?

You said:

”my post had nothing to do with … Russians, bots”

I look back at your post and see that it did seem to have something to do with Russian bots.  I respond asking, “didn’t it?” 
 

Are you being intentionally obtuse or what?

I‘ll admit that my first post was probably just being instinctually annoyed at the intellectually dishonest 80¢ to the dollar stat that is constantly trotted out by politicians, and maybe your point is still valid.  Throwing that out there as some sort of truism, however, is sort of on you.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

What the hell man?

You said:

”my post had nothing to do with … Russians, bots”

I look back at your post and see that it did seem to have something to do with Russian bots.  I respond asking, “didn’t it?” 
 

Are you being intentionally obtuse or what?

I‘ll admit that my first post was probably just being instinctually annoyed at the intellectually dishonest 80¢ to the dollar stat that is constantly trotted out by politicians, and maybe your point is still valid.  Throwing that out there as some sort of truism, however, is sort of on you.  

 

Two distinct thoughts in one post. You responded to one of them and then got confused and tried to tie them together. It's ok. Which one do you want to discuss?

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

ohmybad, i made up a number off the top of my head which was pretty damn close actually

i suppose that ruins the joke/point lol. Those few % points sure are delusion..

In 2020, women earned 84% of what men earned, according to a Pew Research Center analysis

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/05/25/gender-pay-gap-facts/

https://www.businessinsider.com/gender-wage-pay-gap-charts-2017-3

Overall, women who were full-time, year-round employees made 82.3 cents for every dollar men made in 2019, based on median earning data from the Census Current Population Survey. 

You're an engineer, you're seriously going to espouse the idea that there's a pay gap harming women considering the industry you work in? **** man, if we've got a woman who can walk and chew gum she's fast tracked to management. 

Comparing full time salary to full time salary ignores so many factors on the lower end of the pay scale, especially physical labor ability. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...