Jump to content

NFL News & Notes


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Two distinct thoughts in one post. You responded to one of them and then got confused and tried to tie them together. It's ok. Which one do you want to discuss?

Neither, really.  I like cheese. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's with this obsession and feigned outrage over one ever-so-slightly incorrect fact whose correction has absolutely zero effect on the ultimate point of the thought anyway?

Point remains: it's ridiculous to compare someone making fun of you on the internet about your faith of choice to systemic economic repression based on birth characteristics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha not the point either. Apparently everyone is just talking past everyone.

My point was simple. You care about how words hurt people. I simple stated it’s hypocritical for people to then use words to hurt people’s strongly held faith. Never compared the two.

Said it weaken an argument of one having “high standards”. Again if you care about people, care about people. For billions of humans their faith matters a great deal.

Edited by Green19
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What's with this obsession and feigned outrage over one ever-so-slightly incorrect fact whose correction has absolutely zero effect on the ultimate point of the thought anyway?

Point remains: it's ridiculous to compare someone making fun of you on the internet about your faith of choice to systemic economic repression based on birth characteristics.

When you go on a #ArrogantAtheist rant and attack people's faith, they're going to come back at yours, in this case it's your belief that society is inherently evil and unfair and your chosen example was women's pay.

Sorry your belief tenant is factually wrong, but don't throw stones at people's houses and then complain that they're throwing them at yours.

I'm not even saying your belief is necessarily wrong overall, but if you're going to go on the attack and claim to be a man of facts and science, your facts better not suck.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

When you go on a #ArrogantAtheist rant and attack people's faith, they're going to come back at yours, in this case it's your belief that society is inherently evil and unfair and your chosen example was women's pay.

Sorry your belief tenant is factually wrong, but don't throw stones at people's houses and then complain that they're throwing them at yours.

I'm not even saying your belief is necessarily wrong overall, but if you're going to go on the attack and claim to be a man of facts and science, your facts better not suck.

I'm not even an atheist.

I don't even know what you are trying to ascribe to me as my "belief tenant" much less how it can be wrong. It's pretty obvious from the tone of my comment that it was not intended to be factually reviewed. I'm sorry it riled you up to the point of misunderstanding the overall intent. The number was irrelevant, despite it being close enough to have literally zero impact on the take-away.

Edited by incognito_man
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Norm said:

Yeah that was on me, I had no idea they used them like that. That's insane. Heard that but long after I made that post, my fault

It is all good no worries on my end. 

I do have a tinfoil hat though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or is it super weird that it's the Raiders who are getting into trouble because their coach made comments that were racist, sexist, and homophobic when this is the franchise that had the first black head coach of the post-merger era, the first woman team CEO, and the first openly gay player?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got no issue with the NFL action on Gruden.  If they want the racism, misogyny, and anti-gay and anti-trans actions/words out of the league I'm fully on board with that.

Now, explain to me how you go from that to having rappers at the next Super Bowl halftime promoting these same things to a worldwide audience with kids watching???

Hypocrisy???????

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Is it just me or is it super weird that it's the Raiders who are getting into trouble because their coach made comments that were racist, sexist, and homophobic when this is the franchise that had the first black head coach of the post-merger era, the first woman team CEO, and the first openly gay player?

its not the raiders, its gruden, and everyone that is on that washington investigation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I got no issue with the NFL action on Gruden.  If they want the racism, misogyny, and anti-gay and anti-trans actions/words out of the league I'm fully on board with that.

Now, explain to me how you go from that to having rappers at the next Super Bowl halftime promoting these same things to a worldwide audience with kids watching???

Hypocrisy???????

 

 

Hahahhahahhahhahahhahahahahhaha

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32397143/in-wake-jon-gruden-resignation-offensive-emails-raiders-qb-derek-carr-says-open-everything-nfl-teams-correspondence

Quote

An emotional Derek Carr, who had forged a unique friendship with Jon Gruden over the past three-plus years, had an idea in the wake of the Las Vegas Raiders coach's resignation after leaked emails showed he had used racist, misogynistic and anti-gay language over a seven-year period: "Open up everything."

"If we just started opening up everybody's private emails and texts, people would start sweating a little bit. ... Hopefully not too many. But maybe that's what they should do for all coaches and GMs and owners from now on, is open up," the Raiders' quarterback said Wednesday. "You've got to open up everything. See what happens

No word yet on whether Carr also thinks the private emails and texts of players should be made public. I'll wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not gonna let myself get sucked into the scandal too far, but it seems like the NFL is offering up Gruden as the sacrificial lamb. Just enough gets leaked that Gruden re-signs over there, while over here Washington ownership comes out clean. Why Gruden ? Out of 650,000 emails to investigate Washington, Gruden is what you found ? Highly unlikely. Seems very similar to the Robert Kraft scandal to me. The owners are untouchable apparently

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

i also never said "same job". I said "equally qualified". There's no reason to eliminate the opportunity adjustment for the point I am making.

Well,  I am equally as "qualified"  as my surgeon neighbor. We did about the same amount of education. Yet, they still makes a lot more money than me. Either this is unfair, or they wer smarter to chose a career that was basically guranteed to make a lot more more money than I did. Hint: It's the latter. 

Edited by Arthur Penske
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cannondale said:

I'm not gonna let myself get sucked into the scandal too far, but it seems like the NFL is offering up Gruden as the sacrificial lamb. Just enough gets leaked that Gruden re-signs over there, while over here Washington ownership comes out clean. Why Gruden ? Out of 650,000 emails to investigate Washington, Gruden is what you found ? Highly unlikely. Seems very similar to the Robert Kraft scandal to me. The owners are untouchable apparently

I agree. It's definitely selective and we don't know who did the selecting and why.

The top theory in my head is that Gruden was the best combination of non-owner/worst-offender and the league calculated that at one scapegoat was necessary.

However, I'm not sure that was necessarily a sound calculation. All it does is encourage everyone to keep asking questions about what the hell else is in there. Maybe it'll blow over soon and the league gets exactly what it wants. Who knows.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Well,  I am equally as "qualified"  as my surgeon neighbor. We did about the same amount of education. Yet, they still makes a lot more money than me. Either this is unfair, or they was smarter to chose a career than was basically guranteed to make a lot more more money than I did. Hint: It's the latter.

You did 9 years of post graduate education? Impressive!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...