NFL News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You did 9 years of post graduate education? Impressive!

Yes. M.S., MBA, professional degree, and another M.S.  Never stopped going because work pays for it. But guess what It dosent matter, surgeons make more because it's a much more scarce skill and people's lives depend on it.

Maybe like how a RB will never make as much as a QB?

Edited by Arthur Penske

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yes. M.S., MBA, professional degree, and another M.S.  Never stopped going because work pays for it. But guess what It dosent matter, surgeons make more because it's a much more scarce skill and people's lives depend on it.

It's also very difficult to get into medical school and match into surgery (at least some surgery subspecialties); the bar gets exceedingly more high every rung up the ladder. Agree with your general sentiment but duration =/= difficultly necessarily.

1 minute ago, Hoodie89 said:

It's also very difficult to get into medical school and match into surgery (at least some surgery subspecialties); the bar gets exceedingly more high every rung up the ladder. Agree with your general sentiment but duration =/= difficultly necessarily.

Agreed. Thus, that person in medical school likely had more desireable and rare skills than me that are more highly rewarded.

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Maybe like how a RB will never make as much as a QB?

Hey that's great! I'd like to point out two things. The first is my original point that you are quoting that I clarified previously I'd like to restate in case it was missed:

(1) What's with this obsession and feigned outrage over one ever-so-slightly incorrect fact whose correction has absolutely zero effect on the ultimate point of the thought anyway?

Point remains: it's ridiculous to compare someone making fun of you on the internet about your faith of choice to systemic economic repression based on birth characteristics

(2) The second is that the length of time in "any" education program is not "equally qualified". I have no idea where your degrees are from, but it goes without saying that an MBA from the University of Phoenix is NOT "equal" to an MD from Johns Hopkins. Regardless of how long it took each person to achieve it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Hey that's great! I'd like to point out two things. The first is my original point that you are quoting that I clarified previously I'd like to restate in case it was missed:

(1) What's with this obsession and feigned outrage over one ever-so-slightly incorrect fact whose correction has absolutely zero effect on the ultimate point of the thought anyway?

Point remains: it's ridiculous to compare someone making fun of you on the internet about your faith of choice to systemic economic repression based on birth characteristics

(2) The second is that the length of time in "any" education program is not "equally qualified". I have no idea where your degrees are from, but it goes without saying that an MBA from the University of Phoenix is NOT "equal" to an MD from Johns Hopkins. Regardless of how long it took each person to achieve it.

1) Well since I’m the one that started down the gender pay gap path, and I’ve already issued a minor mea culpa explaining that I hate when that stat gets thrown around wily-nily. But despite me already explaining that and despite your subsequent offers to continue to discuss it, you keep complaining about it. 

3 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

1) Well since I’m the one that started down the gender pay gap path, and I’ve already issued a minor mea culpa explaining that I hate when that stat gets thrown around wily-nily. But despite me already explaining that and despite your subsequent offers to continue to discuss it, you keep complaining about it. 

Where did I complain?

56 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I'm not gonna let myself get sucked into the scandal too far, but it seems like the NFL is offering up Gruden as the sacrificial lamb. Just enough gets leaked that Gruden re-signs over there, while over here Washington ownership comes out clean. Why Gruden ? Out of 650,000 emails to investigate Washington, Gruden is what you found ? Highly unlikely. Seems very similar to the Robert Kraft scandal to me. The owners are untouchable apparently

Gruden isn't quite wealthy enough to have immunity in this country.