NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, mikebpackfan said:

Women prefer more flexible working hours over money because… Nixon?  

Woah. 

now who's being frightfully obtuse...

society values motherhood less (via economic means) than other life "choices". Do you believe it is a coincidence that the system that assigned/assigns these values was built by male leaders?

I don't even understand how there exists an intellectually honest disagreement in 2021 to some of these simple facts some of you appear to be debating.

Mind = blown

Our system pays women and minorities a fraction of what it pays white males. 

Our entire history has been lead by white males

and the conclusion is that "women/minorities chose these lower paying roles"

face. palm.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't even understand how there exists an intellectually honest disagreement in 2021 to some of these simple facts some of you appear to be debating.

Mind = blown

I’m equally stunned that an engineer can come up with your conclusions, independent of what year it is. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

now who's being frightfully obtuse...

society values motherhood less (via economic means) than other life "choices". Do you believe it is a coincidence that the system that assigned/assigns these values was built by male leaders?

You can not be certain which expressed preferences are done so due to societal pressures. 

Do you deny that physiologic and body chemistry differences could be a factor in expressed preferences?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I’m equally stunned that an engineer can come up with your conclusions, independent of what year it is. 

Anyone who thinks rationally and is intellectually honest (or anyone who can Google and read and is similarly intellectually honest) will arrive at the same conclusion.

Nothing I've said is controversial. It's literally acknowledging facts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikebpackfan said:

You can not be certain which expressed preferences are done so due to societal pressures. 

Do you deny that physiologic and body chemistry differences could be a factor in expressed preferences?

This is all irrelevant.

Again, all I've done is simply identify that the system (designed by 250 years of leaders from one demographic) has resulted in significant economic advantages for that demographic. I've never debated WHY that is the case, I'm simply pointing out that it IS the case.

Men and women are different. Duh. They have different preferences. Duh. One set of preferences is rewarded more economically. The set belonging to the group in charge of the system design.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

Anyone who thinks rationally and is intellectually honest (or anyone who can Google and read and is similarly intellectually honest) will arrive at the same conclusion.

Nothing I've said is controversial. It's literally acknowledging facts.

Nonsense. Assigning outcomes to whether something is systemic or not is nuanced and isn’t a black and white thing.  You have presented no facts to back that conclusion. And when I say job to job numbers are only 2¢ different, you wave it away as if it doesn’t matter. 

9 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Nonsense. Assigning outcomes to whether something is systemic or not is nuanced and isn’t a black and white thing.  You have presented no facts to back that conclusion. And when I say job to job numbers are only 2¢ different, you wave it away as if it doesn’t matter. 

Oh my god. You aren't understanding anything I've been saying.

One last time:

The system we live in economically rewards the demographic it was designed by.

If you don't disagree with that you literally don't disagree with anything I've said the last three pages.

If you do disagree with that, you live in another reality.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1