NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 10/13/2021 at 1:19 PM, incognito_man said:

I just know I'm somehow still surprised by the depths of stupidity I encounter. I get to the point of accepting "alright, some folks want to believe in fake things because life is hard - fine, whatever. It's sad but ok." And then I'm confronted with people who try to tell me that that's not a choice.

Just absolutely mind-numbing.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I should try to choose changing my height tomorrow and start believing I'm 6'5" because life will be easier.

Stupidity? Hurtful speech is hurtful speech. Didn't take you long to call someone else down! Well done, you helped prove my earlier point. 

On 10/14/2021 at 5:32 PM, incognito_man said:

it's good that you're open to the idea that published research which includes the sample size of everyone might be more reflective of the norm than a sample size of 2 people you personally know.

next step: full-on acknowledgment :)

when sample sizes become population parameters

ProFootballTalk -  The NFL may never release any evidence regarding the Washington Football Team workplace misconduct investigation or the 650,000 emails supposedly sent to and from former WFT president Bruce Allen that fell beyond the scope of the investigation. But that doesn’t mean people will, or should, stop asking.

Appearing on HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith reiterated his call for transparency regarding the 650,000 emails, and more.

“To be precise, I’m calling on or we’re calling on and I think the country should call on the release of any information within the league’s possession that is evidence of racial animus, sexism, misogyny, bias, homophobia,” Smith told Gumbel.

///

It's up to the Owners. It ain't happening.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -  The NFL may never release any evidence regarding the Washington Football Team workplace misconduct investigation or the 650,000 emails supposedly sent to and from former WFT president Bruce Allen that fell beyond the scope of the investigation. But that doesn’t mean people will, or should, stop asking.

Appearing on HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith reiterated his call for transparency regarding the 650,000 emails, and more.

“To be precise, I’m calling on or we’re calling on and I think the country should call on the release of any information within the league’s possession that is evidence of racial animus, sexism, misogyny, bias, homophobia,” Smith told Gumbel.

///

It's up to the Owners. It ain't happening.

People are allowed privacy, even bigots and racists. If you disagree that's fine, but how would you like everything in your personal life exposed? Even if you did nothing wrong, it's called "PERSONAL" for a reason. 

Enough is enough! By inviting this in you are giving up certain rights you never get back. It may not seem like much until you look back and have no rights whatsoever. 

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

People are allowed privacy, even bigots and racists. If you disagree that's fine, but how would you like everything in your personal life exposed? Even if you did nothing wrong, it's called "PERSONAL" for a reason. 

Enough is enough! By inviting this in you are giving up certain rights you never get back. It may not seem like much until you look back and have no rights whatsoever. 

It's a ******* work email account. It's not a personal account. It's not his personal life. 

Nobody is asking for the NFL to hack his personal Gmail.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Dude...seriously?

These conversations happened over work email, of which your employer has every right to monitor. Furthermore, they can monitor your "personal" email if you use work equipment to access it.

There is absolutely zero defending Gruden here.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 8:14 PM, Old Guy said:

Whitney Merciles was released by the Texans. He used to have some pass rush in him. I'd be OK with giving him the vet minimum to come play the rest of the year here. 

Rumor has it he's signed with us.

59 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Dude...seriously?

These conversations happened over work email, of which your employer has every right to monitor. Furthermore, they can monitor your "personal" email if you use work equipment to access it.

There is absolutely zero defending Gruden here.

Show me where I defended Gruden because I didn't. I defended privacy in general and the erosion of privacy in general and NO your work does not have a legal right to monitor your personal email account.