NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

ESPN Stats & Info -  Patrick Mahomes had his 1st career game without 250 Pass yds or a Pass TD, and threw an interception in his 6th straight game (longest streak of career).

It’s crazy how much Mahomes is mirroring Rodgers. I don’t think Rodgers had 6 straight games with INTs. But Mahomes has always been a turnover waiting to happen. He is always weirdly high in turnover worth plays at PFF… just his first few years he hasn’t had the turnovers.

But yeah he is doing the Rodgers hero ball stuff now… kind of funny when he has all those weapons.

NY Post -  The Buccaneers apparently had to wheel and deal with a fan to get back Tom Brady’s historic 600th touchdown ball. Brady made history in Tampa’s Week 7 victory over the Bears, with his fourth touchdown pass of the first half – to wide receiver Mike Evans — making him the first player in NFL history to throw 600 touchdown passes.

After Evans caught the 9-yard score to increase the Bucs’ lead to 21-0, he ran over to a fan wearing his No. 13 jersey and handed him the ball. It’s unclear if Evans knew the significance of the moment, but he gave a fan a very pricy souvenir.

Sports memorabilia expert Ken Goldin, founder of Goldin Auctions, wrote on Twitter that Brady’s 600th career TD ball could be worth “minimum of $500,000.”

Ezra Levine, CEO of the sports memorabilia investment platform Collectible, said the ball could be worth “easily $500,000-plus,” but “closer to $750,000.”

///

Remember this next time they offer you a free beer and hot dog.......

• Like 1

Adam Schefter -   Jets trading a conditional 6th-round pick to Philadelphia that can possibly be a 5th based on play time for QB Joe Flacco.

• Albert Breer -  The sixth-rounder going to the Eagles in the Joe Flacco trade becomes a fifth-rounder if Flacco plays more than 50% of the snaps in four games, I'm told. So that'll likely come down to Zach Wilson's recovery timetable.

Edited by Leader

6 hours ago, Leader said:

NY Post -  The Buccaneers apparently had to wheel and deal with a fan to get back Tom Brady’s historic 600th touchdown ball. Brady made history in Tampa’s Week 7 victory over the Bears, with his fourth touchdown pass of the first half – to wide receiver Mike Evans — making him the first player in NFL history to throw 600 touchdown passes.

After Evans caught the 9-yard score to increase the Bucs’ lead to 21-0, he ran over to a fan wearing his No. 13 jersey and handed him the ball. It’s unclear if Evans knew the significance of the moment, but he gave a fan a very pricy souvenir.

Sports memorabilia expert Ken Goldin, founder of Goldin Auctions, wrote on Twitter that Brady’s 600th career TD ball could be worth “minimum of $500,000.”

Ezra Levine, CEO of the sports memorabilia investment platform Collectible, said the ball could be worth “easily $500,000-plus,” but “closer to $750,000.”

///

Remember this next time they offer you a free beer and hot dog.......

The deal has been made with the Bucs fan who gave up the Brady ball. He will receive:

2 signed jerseys + a helmet from Tom.
A signed Mike Evans jersey + his game cleats.
A $1K credit at the Bucs team store.
2 season tickets for the remainder of this season + next.

Wow!!! A $1000 gift certificate from the Bucs Team Store should get him a Bucs T-Shirt and a bumper sticker.  

16 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The deal has been made with the Bucs fan who gave up the Brady ball. He will receive:

Wow!!! A $1000 gift certificate from the Bucs Team Store should get him a Bucs T-Shirt and a bumper sticker.  

I hate TB and by extension, TB but that ball should go to the man that threw it. Evans is a Knucklehead for not knowing it was 600. The fan did the right thing getting it back. 

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

This guy is an absolute idiot.

*Unless he is somehow legally compelled to relinquish it? Or he's avoiding some legal challenges or something.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

I hate TB and by extension, TB but that ball should go to the man that threw it. Evans is a Knucklehead for not knowing it was 600. The fan did the right thing getting it back. 

Tom Brady has everything in the world. A half million is chump change to him. It’s the least he could do.

I honestly hadnt thought of the auction value of such a thing....but, if I was the guy who was handed the football - and I both knew its significance and potential market / value......I'd politely excuse myself from the stadium....football in hand.

Sorry...but $500-750K is a bit better than that laundry list of items.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

For some context, the ball Barry Bonds hit for home run 756 sold for $752,467. 

Anyone that gives up that kind of money for a ball is the true idiot. 

Anyone that gives up that kind of money for a ball has no worries about money. 

• Like 1