NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would have given him the ball for a photo with him and a handshake.  It is either going to him or the HOF.  Means a whole lot more to him than it does to me. 

you don't want like $1,000,000 for being in the right place at the right time? 

I don't understand why anyone would turn that down. There's nothing ethically wrong with capitalizing on it whatsoever.

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

you don't want like $1,000,000 for being in the right place at the right time? 

I don't understand why anyone would turn that down. There's nothing ethically wrong with capitalizing on it whatsoever.

I am just content with my life, man.  Have him give it to cancer research or something.

20 hours ago, Green19 said:

It’s crazy how much Mahomes is mirroring Rodgers. I don’t think Rodgers had 6 straight games with INTs. But Mahomes has always been a turnover waiting to happen. He is always weirdly high in turnover worth plays at PFF… just his first few years he hasn’t had the turnovers.

But yeah he is doing the Rodgers hero ball stuff now… kind of funny when he has all those weapons.

The difference between Mahomes and Rodgers, at least in raw stats, is Mahomes is more likely to put the ball up for grabs and Rodgers is more like to eat it on a sack. 

NFL on CBS -  To put Tom Brady's 602 Pass TD in perspective, it's more than double these legend's career amounts:

John Elway (300)
Joe Montana (273)
Steve Young (232)
Terry Bradshaw (212)
Kurt Warner (208)
Troy Aikman (165)
Kyle Orton (101)

///

The legend that is Kyle Orton :)

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

NFL on CBS -  To put Tom Brady's 602 Pass TD in perspective, it's more than double these legend's career amounts:

John Elway (300)
Joe Montana (273)
Steve Young (232)
Terry Bradshaw (212)
Kurt Warner (208)
Troy Aikman (165)
Kyle Orton (101)

///

The legend that is Kyle Orton :)

18 - Chad Pennington

65 - Giovanni Carmazzi

76 - Chris Redman

163 - Tee Martin

168 - Marc Bulger

183 - Spergon Wynn

199 - Tom Brady

Even with Brady what an awful quarterback class! 

Pennington was alright, but he had a marginal NFL arm that was further weakened by injury.  

Marc Bulger took the Rams to the playoffs in 2003 and 04, and made the Pro Bowl twice.  Pretty good for a sixth round pick... Unfortunately, he was drafted by the Saints, so they got nothing out of it.