NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

65k is something I guess. The guy is still worth over half of BILLION dollars. Make sure that guy is taken care of. Cmon 

I would submit it was not Tom Brady's job to 'take care of the guy'. His opportunity was when he was in possession of the football. 

I'm also guessing that ball winds up in the HOF not Brady's personal trophy case. I could be wrong about that. 

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I would submit it was not Tom Brady's job to 'take care of the guy'. His opportunity was when he was in possession of the football. 

I'm also guessing that ball winds up in the HOF not Brady's personal trophy case. I could be wrong about that. 

Right. And that’s why it’s foolish to think billionaires give a sh** about their workers and that they’d share the wealth. 

it’s a lie and a scam.

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Right. And that’s why it’s foolish to think billionaires give a sh** about their workers and that they’d share the wealth. 

it’s a lie and a scam.

I don't think you should group all of any section of society into one group. I'd guess some do care but most do not. The system is clearly set up to continue to feed a few though. 

My personal view to those folks is, if your goal is to become the richest person in the world, you've missed the boat already. To each their own though. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think you should group all of any section of society into one group. I'd guess some do care but most do not. The system is clearly set up to continue to feed a few though. 

My personal view to those folks is, if your goal is to become the richest person in the world, you've missed the boat already. To each their own though. 

I’m not talking about being the richest person in the world. I want everyone to have a descent standard of living. I’m tired of these rich a******* continuing to exploit the game and leave us fighting for scraps. 

edit: I apologize if it seems I’m talking at you. This is just a major issue for me.

Edited by Rainmaker90
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not talking about being the richest person in the world. I want everyone to have a descent standard of living. I’m tired of these rich a******* continuing to exploit the game and leave us fighting for scraps. 

edit: I apologize if it seems I’m talking at you. This is just a major issue for me.

No need to apologize! The 'game' was set up by Washington to allow them to become this wealthy. They in turn, make major campaign donations to those who rigged the game in their favor. Vicious cycle which leaves the everyday American struggling. 

We all have a right to be angry. That is as far as I'm going to go in this discussion. Have a good day! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

No need to apologize! The 'game' was set up by Washington to allow them to become this wealthy. They in turn, make major campaign donations to those who rigged the game in their favor. Vicious cycle which leaves the everyday American struggling. 

We all have a right to be angry. That is as far as I'm going to go in this discussion. Have a good day! 

Citizen's United needs to get overturned.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   Raiders’ owner Mark Davis told reporters today that he would like the NFL to provide a written report of its findings on its investigation of the culture of the Washington Football Team.

That is a move his father would be proud of. I could see him going after Goddell to release everything and burn the whole thing down. 

His father hired the first Hispanic HC in Flores. The Raiders were very proactive in minority hiring and I have no doubt Mark Davis gladly got rid of Gruden over those tweets. I'm also sure he'd like nothing more than to expose the others who have not been exposed yet. 

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That is a move his father would be proud of. I could see him going after Goddell to release everything and burn the whole thing down.

You either didnt see or have forgotten an earlier post of mine. Goddell doesnt control release of the information - the other Owners do.

So Davis would have sue each of the other Owners.

Nowwwwwww.......although I think its fair to say Davis isnt the sharpest pencil in the box of Owners - but I dont think he's that stupid.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

You either didnt see or have forgotten an earlier post of mine. Goddell doesnt control release of the information - the other Owners do.

So Davis would have sue each of the other Owners.

Nowwwwwww.......although I think its fair to say Davis isnt the sharpest pencil in the box of Owners - but I dont think he's that stupid.

This is not a foreign concept to the Davis family, you do know that don't you?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Davis sued to move the organization....then again to move back.  Are you seriously equating the two circumstances as equal?

He sued the NFL, which means the owners who were blocking him. Like I said, they are not foreign to this sort of move. 

Equating the two, no but I am pointing out there is a precedence which is true. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He sued the NFL, which means the owners who were blocking him. Like I said, they are not foreign to this sort of move. Equating the two, no but I am pointing out there is a precedence which is true. 

Big Al sued for entirely self motivated reasons - read: profit.

Young Davis isnt going to sue for release of information which had nothing to do with his organization and for which he doesnt stand to profit in any way.

The only "precedence" you cite is that yes - an Owner can bring a lawsuit. Duh.