NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's not about what they did to me, which is nothing. I do think Goodell is an ******* though. It appears pretty clear they are hiding some nefarious **** that happened with the WFT. Perhaps found some information in those emails which might paint a bad picture for others in the NFL. 

Also, the NFL went 'woke' a few years ago and now it's biting them in the *** with the cancel culture. Air it all out and let the chips fall where they may. 

It will never happen, some things are just to big to cancel.  

What if “racist (sexist, homophobic, mean in an any way to any protected class) emails” came out from say…40-50 high profile people. Owners. People like Robert Kraft or Jerry Jones? Goodell himself?

There’s no answer to that problem.

Robert Kraft solicited an illegal prostitute who was probably a victim of sex trafficking ON VIDEO and got the charges dropped on a technicality. He still committed the crime with definitive proof…and got nothing.

They we’re simply witch hunting right now for people they don’t like. Everyone else will be untouched.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Siman08/OH said:

It will never happen, some things are just to big to cancel.  

What if “racist (sexist, homophobic, mean in an any way to any protected class) emails” came out from say…40-50 high profile people. Owners. People like Robert Kraft or Jerry Jones? Goodell himself?

There’s no answer to that problem.

Robert Kraft solicited an illegal prostitute who was probably a victim of sex trafficking ON VIDEO and got the charges dropped on a technicality. He still committed the crime with definitive proof…and got nothing.

They we’re simply witch hunting right now for people they don’t like. Everyone else will be untouched.

I'm completely aware of the two standards of justice in this country. One for those with money and one for those without. 

Doesn't mean I still don't want those things released and the justice system to work for all, equally. Saying, 'that is the way it is and will always be,' is a defeatist attitude I refuse to take. 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Also, the NFL went 'woke' a few years ago and now it's biting them in the *** with the cancel culture.

what? this isn't remotely true. And that doesn't even account for the fact that "cancel culture" is substanceless talking point anyway - but the NFL didn't even go "woke" in the substanceless context some adhere to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

what? this isn't remotely true. And that doesn't even account for the fact that "cancel culture" is substanceless talking point anyway - but the NFL didn't even go "woke" in the substanceless context some adhere to.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. We will agree to disagree, again! 

But, as for cancel culture being substance less, I agree it is. Yet, people keep getting cancelled/fired/ostracized from jobs/careers/pier groups as a result of it. Weird! 

Just now, Old Guy said:

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. We will agree to disagree, again! 

But, as for cancel culture being substance less, I agree it is. Yet, people keep getting cancelled/fired/ostracized from jobs/careers/pier groups as a result of it. Weird! 

no. people don't get "canceled". Because you can't even define what that means, or point to any negative impacts on someone's life who was "canceled". The celebrities that common people (who need drama and meaning in their lives) say are "canceled" still make $10s of millions. I'd love to be "canceled".

Moreover, it is confusing that you simultaneously say the league got "woke" while we're in the midst of the league sitting on information of this nature. It's literally (by definition) the complete opposite of what you are saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

no. people don't get "canceled". Because you can't even define what that means, or point to any negative impacts on someone's life who was "canceled". The celebrities that common people (who need drama and meaning in their lives) say are "canceled" still make $10s of millions. I'd love to be "canceled".

Moreover, it is confusing that you simultaneously say the league got "woke" while we're in the midst of the league sitting on information of this nature. It's literally (by definition) the complete opposite of what you are saying.

They are going to sit on the information so owners don't get cancelled and forced to sell their team should they have been participating in "Gruden like conduct!"

Also, if you don't like the way cancelled is being used, that is on you but by definition of the 'woke' mob, they have cancelled a lot of people and are glad they did. Not to mention for far less offensive stuff than Gruden did. 

Edited by Old Guy

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

They are going to sit on the information so owners don't get cancelled and forced to sell their team should they have been participating in "Gruden like conduct!"

Also, if you don't like the way cancelled is being used, that is on you but by definition of the 'woke' mob, they have cancelled a lot of people and are glad they did. Not to mention for far less offensive stuff than Gruden did. 

Again, it's all meaningless and without any definition.

I've never heard an actual example of anyone being "canceled". It's such a stupid stupid argument. I'm baffled why people get so upset over something that's literally meaningless.

Must have wayyyyyy too much time on your hands ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've never heard an actual example of anyone being "canceled". It's such a stupid stupid argument. I'm baffled why people get so upset over something that's literally meaningless.

You must have your head in the sand. But that is neither here nor there. 

Looking forward to tonight's game. 

55 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Hey now, there is a long list of people who got canceled for their point of view and then received endless interviews and articles about them in both the MSM and right wing media, dedicated Twitter threads/social media campaigns from their outraged FREEZE PEACH supporters (who don't seem to understand how the First works), and an eventual return to *insert medium here*.

After all, nothing quite says "canceled" like millions of dollars to cushion your fall and wall-to-wall coverage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I don't know how anyone can complain about the league being too "woke" while we still see Kansas City maintain their name/do their absurd chop and while we see Tim Tebow attempt a comeback while Colin Kaepernick has been out since '16.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Seriously though, who has been canceled?

J.K. Rowling...who still maintains a media empire that includes upcoming movies, a play on Broadway and in the West End, and whose books are still sold everywhere.

Ellen DeGeneres...who is still hosting and producing numerous TV shows.

Dave Chappelle...who is still performing and is now promoting his new documentary.

Piers Morgan...who has been hired to write for the Post and The Sun and also host/present on talkTV.

I could go on, but in a large majority of examples brought up, folks find a way to rebound or are just never actually cancelled...

Also, just don't be a piece of sh*t? Is that so hard?

But I guess it's much easier to complain about vaguely defined terms they saw right wing vloggers post about.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   Bears ruled out HC Matt Nagy for Sunday’s game.

I don’t think most Bears fans will mind. I’m still waiting for his mid season firing but they might ride it out til the end of the year. Will be a shame to see him go.