NFL News & Notes

Leader

ProFootballTalk -  The Rams are making a move to solidify their depth at tight end. Los Angeles is signing Kendall Blanton off its practice squad to its 53-man roster. Los Angeles also has Brycen Hopkins and Jacob Harris at tight end behind starter Tyler Higbee. A fourth-round pick in 2020, Hopkins has not appeared in a game in 2021. Harris, a fourth-round pick this year, has appeared in all seven games, playing the majority of special teams snaps.

///

I wonder if this was to prevent GB from snagging him.

5 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Seems serious and seems like football is lower on the priority list.  This is why we take mental health more seriously now.  Good on him for having the awareness to know before it became even more of a crisis.

First, I completely agree regarding mental illness. I've not heard that his absence was related to mental health. Is this something you heard or just surmising to be so?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -  A week ago, the Dolphins and Texans were closing in on a deal for Deshaun Watson. Then, the Texans caught wind that Watson may be settling the 22 civil lawsuits. Then, the asking price went up. Then, the talks cratered.

Lol god the texans suck at this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -  A week ago, the Dolphins and Texans were closing in on a deal for Deshaun Watson. Then, the Texans caught wind that Watson may be settling the 22 civil lawsuits. Then, the asking price went up. Then, the talks cratered.

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Lol god the texans suck at this.

If they trade him now for a little or even, prior to the draft after he settles for a lot, it was smart to get as much as you can. I think they got lucky IF Watson is going to settle these suits. If not, then .........................

20 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If they trade him now for a little or even, prior to the draft after he settles for a lot, it was smart to get as much as you can. I think they got lucky IF Watson is going to settle these suits. If not, then .........................

Everybody knows he wants out and wont play there. Hes got a no trade clause. I doubt theyre getting a lot.

Its been rumored that 3 1sts has been on the table. Theyre not getting more than that for sure.

Edited by HighCalebR

8 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Everybody knows he wants out and wont play there. Hes got a no trade clause. I doubt theyre getting a lot.

Its been rumored that 3 1sts has been on the table. Theyre not getting more than that for sure.

If that is true, they need to take it and run with it.