NFL News & Notes

Leader

55 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

There will be a significant amount of trades, so much so that 3 or 4 teams won't be involved in any of them.  The Packers will be one of the teams not involved.

Nothing is going to be remotely different from the way Thompson operated. 

Trying the reverse jinx?

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Pretty sure he's being superstitious. 

I do this. You want something to happen so bad but don’t want to jinx it so you convince yourself it won’t happen... reverse jinx. I’d say that means its gunna happen but I don’t want to jinx it. 

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

I do this. You want something to happen so bad but don’t want to jinx it so you convince yourself it won’t happen... reverse jinx. I’d say that means its gunna happen but I don’t want to jinx it. 

Oh yeah I totally know what you mean, I use that phrase, I was talking about Ray saying he's just trying to keep the bar low, I think he's doing what you are saying.

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Jordan Schultz Retweeted Dianna Russini

For better or worse, one executive tells me there are about to be an onslaught of trades, including ones with marquee players. Bennett just the beginning. Buckle up!

Maybe Cobb and some other GB Packers are some of those players that might be trades.   Gutekunst/Ball freeing up some cap space to go on a shopping spree!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

It seems like trades have become more of salary dumps or one year loaners than in years past. It is kind of bringing trades back into the mix of building/reshaping a club. Adds some interest to the off season for sure. 

There are a few NFL teams that are tight against the cap and some that have a lot of cap space.  It could be a similar situation to the Houston -> CLeveland with Osweiler, dump a salary and give up a pick.  Makes for some interesting options on player movement.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

There are a few NFL teams that are tight against the cap and some that have a lot of cap space.  It could be a similar situation to the Houston -> CLeveland with Osweiler, dump a salary and give up a pick.  Makes for some interesting options on player movement.

Exactly. I mean that Houston to Cleveland trade was basically on par with an NBA Basketball salary dump. I am glad trades are making their way back as a viable resource for clubs.

Edited by Toddfather

21 hours ago, Chinaski_86 said:

According to Mike Silver they're willing to trade Earl Thomas as well. 

From my understanding, it's only if the price tag is right.  From what I've heard, they want a first round pick plus more.  Not sure they're going to get that kind of package for him.