NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Please go back and read my original post or two to Leader. I mentioned all of those things in bold as factors. I never suggested the % of people who are vaccinated vs. unvaccinated was equal, which of course would skew the numbers. This is NOT what I'm saying, this is what the UK report said. I just want to make that clear. 

You said it did not support the “overriding narrative “. That is not true, the widely accepted and data supported fact is that the vaccinated are much more protected from serve symptoms and death. The study you cite shows the same but is being presented incorrectly to question vaccine efficacy. 

Sorry to get into it, enjoy the rest of this Packers season!  

42 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Please edit/delete blatant misinformation posts like @Old Guy's earlier post that is debunked within seconds.

It has no place anywhere.

Please no. Who gets to determine blatant misinformation? You? Some "fact checking" site with political bias? There have been numerous posts that were banned by social media in the last year that have turned out to be true. Let's not go that route. 

Unless I get to decide what gets banned. :)

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

How does the ignore feature work? I haven’t really thought it would come down to using it but there have been too many threads going off of the rails.

Just hold the cursor over the offending avatar and the pop up will contain the ignore option.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

Please no. Who gets to determine blatant misinformation? You? Some "fact checking" site with political bias? There have been numerous posts that were banned by social media in the last year that have turned out to be true. Let's not go that route. 

reality gets to determine it

a cursory 25 second read (on whatever source you want) of the ACTUAL data will tell any critical thinker that what was posted is absolute garbage and should be deleted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

reality gets to determine it

a cursory 25 second read (on whatever source you want) of the ACTUAL data will tell any critical thinker that what was posted is absolute garbage and should be deleted.

The problem is too many folks think that their ****ty/uninformed opinions carry equal weight to facts.

Which is why folks so confidently link garbage like that Market Holders site while deriding actual fact checkers.

Also lmao at any site where they call themselves "free thinkers". 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Striker said:

The problem is too many folks think that their ****ty/uninformed opinions carry equal weight to facts.

Which is why folks so confidently link garbage like that Market Holders site while deriding actual fact checkers.

Also lmao at any site where they call themselves "free thinkers". 

From now on, if our mods allow disinformation like that I'm going to mention webby to come delete those posts. I suggest everyone do the same. If there's blatant stupidity happening and @CWood21 and @Packerraymond don't edit/delete it, just get webby involved to remove it.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

From now on, if our mods allow disinformation like that I'm going to mention webby to come delete those posts. I suggest everyone do the same. If there's blatant stupidity happening and @CWood21 and @Packerraymond don't edit/delete it, just get webby involved to remove it.

Suggest just keeping this forum for football only.  Go to other sites to post thoughts regardless for or against.   Go to Fox, CNN or whatever for covid related thoughts/theories.  NFL football and the Packers is all I'm interested in seeing here ... it's the Football Forum Packers. 

5 hours ago, TheEagle said:

I actually agree with this for the most part.  Anyone who doesn't understand by now that you need to do some basic fact checking on more or less everything you take in these days isn't going to be saved by FF blocking ignorant posts.

Now if someone could just tell me where the feature is that hides quotes from ignored users I'd be set.