NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

McCaffrey hurt again. Season ending IR.

Good player - in 2 to 3 game spurts. He doesnt last longer.

I've cut my FFB down to a single league with some old friends, and this year my first three picks were CMC, Hopkins and AJ Brown.  My team is not good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I've cut my FFB down to a single league with some old friends, and this year my first three picks were CMC, Hopkins and AJ Brown.  My team is not good.

:) My last year playing fantasy I was like the Grim Reaper GM. Put a decent team together - that wasnt the problem. The hassles came when I put them in the starting lineup....and they started dropping like flies. I mean, it was a serious case of "cant keep a roster together" that spread across the season.....making it way more work than was enjoyable.

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There have been several NFL players traded for multiple one first round picks in recent years.

-Mack to the Bears
-Tunsil to the Texans
-Ramsey to the Rams
-Adams to the Seahawks

Have any of these trades actually worked out?

I don't think Mack to the Bears was bad.  I think they overestimated their team at the time and tried to put them into the upper tier.  It was a trade where somehow everyone lost.

Ramsey, I don't know.  The Rams have been pretty good since he has gotten there, but they weren't bad before.  

The other two, definitely were bad moves.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Mack trade was sort of contingent on "Trubisky being the guy".  That they whiffed on the QB so badly sort of made the trade not move the needle much for them.  Sure, the Bears DL is good but they were good before they had Mack too.

Mack has been pretty good for the Bears too.  Pro Bowl all 3 years so far, and All-Pro his first season.   I hate complimenting the Bears, I just don't think that Mack is the reason they haven't won.  

11 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have 2. In one league (4 man keeper) I felt pretty solid. In the other (dynasty) I thought I could be competitive, maybe squeak into the playoffs. 5-18, and I don't know how I won 5. 

TL, DR - fantasy football is stupid and no one should play it

Edited by Mr Bad Example

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't think Mack to the Bears was bad.  I think they overestimated their team at the time and tried to put them into the upper tier.  It was a trade where somehow everyone lost.

That "somehow" is referred to as "Jon Gruden" - if there's a worse person at picking players, I'd like to see him (I guess we have our own person like that in GM Mike Sherman, and the Miami GM has been downright terrible at turning a LOT of draft capital into actual good players) 

Edited by Mr Bad Example

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

That "somehow" is referred to as "Jon Gruden" - if there's a worse person at picking players, I'd like to see him (I guess we have our own person like that in GM Mike Sherman, and the Miami GM has been downright terrible at turning a LOT of draft capital into actual good players) 

Mike Sherman always seemed to be chasing something.  He kind of drafted like I do in Madden, well, we need a CB, lets grab one! He gets most of the blame for the Jamal Reynolds pick, but Wolf was still there too.  And as much as Wolf is loved, his previous three first round picks were:  Bubba Franks, Antuan Edwards, and Vonnie Holliday.  Also, using hindsight, Sherman either hit big or completely whiffed.  The only "depth guys" that he got were: Najeh Davenport, Hunter Hillenmeyer, and Chris Johnson, and the latter two never played for GB.

Did Gruden only have the one draft for the Raiders?  I am sure that there are some just as bad.  The Jets and Lions have been bad for so long for a reason.  And the purposely tanking St. Louis Rams were awful as well.  

14 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I worked some trades, but here's who I roll with.

Stafford, Carr

Taylor, Patterson, Hunt, Ingram

Kittle

Hill, Adams, Lamb, Hollywood Brown, DJ Moore, Claypool

Folk

Indy D.  Dallas D.

Also drafted Gus Edwards who went down right away.

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Did Gruden only have the one draft for the Raiders?  I am sure that there are some just as bad.  The Jets and Lions have been bad for so long for a reason.  And the purposely tanking St. Louis Rams were awful as well.  

I just looked him up.  Gruden was there since 2018.  He has(d) gotten a couple of players, but it does look a lot like Mike Sherman in that regard.  

Steeler suggestion box.....denied

NFL Update -  Steelers Mike Tomlin on Chase Claypool's suggestion they should play music and make practice more fun:

"Claypool plays wide out and I'll let him do that. I'll formulate the practice approach and I think that division of labor is appropriate."

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Steeler suggestion box.....denied

NFL Update -  Steelers Mike Tomlin on Chase Claypool's suggestion they should play music and make practice more fun:

"Claypool plays wide out and I'll let him do that. I'll formulate the practice approach and I think that division of labor is appropriate."

Just like I think Reid and Mac were fine coaches, eventually your message grows stale. Think Tomlin has reached that point in Pitt. 

• Like 1

Ari Meirov -    Robert Griffin III will release a book called “Surviving Washington” and he’ll detail what happened in the 2012 playoff game vs Seattle, the medical mismanagement he received, the sexual harassment in the building, and a deep dive into the Dan Snyder/Mike Shanahan power struggle.

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ari Meirov -    Robert Griffin III will release a book called “Surviving Washington” and he’ll detail what happened in the 2012 playoff game vs Seattle, the medical mismanagement he received, the sexual harassment in the building, and a deep dive into the Dan Snyder/Mike Shanahan power struggle.

Wonder how much he's getting paid for that?