if dorsey trades down from 1, what will you do?

mistakey

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

im sorry what?

Alex Smith lost in OT in the NFCCG to the eventual super bowl champs

he went 1-4 under Andy Reid in the playoffs who has only won 1 game in the playoffs since 2008 (with alex smith) across 2 teams including 2 1 and dones with the eagles.

im not saying its guaranteed alex smith will bring us to greatness, but hell he's got a shot and if you tell me theres a chance...

sorry i got so bewildered by the alex smith talk i completely missed the Kirk Cousins is a JAG line.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a JAG.  Kirk Cousins is a good quarterback.  at this point, i'll take a jag cause we cant even get a jag

47 minutes ago, mistakey said:

yeah i must admit i just wanted to get this thread on record when we trade down to select baker mayfield

If/When we do that, I'm going to take a break from all things Cleveland Browns for a LONG time.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If/When we do that, I'm going to take a break from all things Cleveland Browns for a LONG time.

It’s one of three options that’s being considered:

1. Cousins and trade down or Barkley at 1

2. Take darnold at 1 + Alex Smith 

3. Trade down and take mayfield

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

It’s one of three options that’s being considered:

1. Cousins and trade down or Barkley at 1

That would be fine. I'd prefer Darnold but I won't be upset one bit if we magically land Cousins.

2. Take darnold at 1 + Alex Smith 

This is far and away my favorite scenario.

3. Trade down and take mayfield

I may throw a brick through my TV if they do this. I despise Mayfield for an infinite amount of reasons. I don't like his system, attitude, measurables, and think that he's the 3rd best QB prospect in this draft. Leave it to the Browns to ignore the obvious and think that they're smarter than 31 other teams and all of the experts again for the umpteenth time. 

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I may throw a brick through my TV if they do this. I despise Mayfield for an infinite amount of reasons. I don't like his system, attitude, measurables, and think that he's the 3rd best QB prospect in this draft. Leave it to the Browns to ignore the obvious and think that they're smarter than 31 other teams and all of the experts again for the umpteenth time. 

Just wanted to point out that the vast majority of non-ESPN draft folks are fine with Mayfield. Most of the "analytics" crowd likes him as #2 or 3. And a lot of the tape heavy guys I follow on twitter love the dude.

Remember that most of the "talk" we hear this time of year is misdirection. Cam Newton can't possibly go top ten, he has attitude issues, it'll be Jimmy Clausen! I can't think of another of the top of my head and need to run, but we should all be used to this by now. Just because someone's ranked a certain place on ESPN boards and "annonymous scouts" are hitting them hard this time of year, doesn't mean that that is the ACTUAL league perception on a guy.

As Dane Brugler put it this morning in response to a tweet that said "annonymous AFC GM says Brown should take Allen #1"... OF COURSE I want the Browns to take Allen #1 if I'm ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE DRAFT!

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Just wanted to point out that the vast majority of non-ESPN draft folks are fine with Mayfield. Most of the "analytics" crowd likes him as #2 or 3. And a lot of the tape heavy guys I follow on twitter love the dude.

Remember that most of the "talk" we hear this time of year is misdirection. Cam Newton can't possibly go top ten, he has attitude issues, it'll be Jimmy Clausen! I can't think of another of the top of my head and need to run, but we should all be used to this by now. Just because someone's ranked a certain place on ESPN boards and "annonymous scouts" are hitting them hard this time of year, doesn't mean that that is the ACTUAL league perception on a guy.

As Dane Brugler put it this morning in response to a tweet that said "annonymous AFC GM says Brown should take Allen #1"... OF COURSE I want the Browns to take Allen #1 if I'm ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE DRAFT!

That’s fine Freaky I get what you’re saying. I despise Mayfield and honestly don’t see it. The fact that you yourself admit most experts don’t have him #1 and that he is 2 or 3 tells me we shouldn’t draft him.

Give me the consensus #1 QB prospect just one freaking time. That’s all I want.

Analytics shouldn’t factor into the QB position when you ha e the first pick, and this is coming from a very pro analytics person.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I despise Mayfield

Any reason? Just in the NFL QB sense or because of his antics?

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

that he is 2 or 3 tells me we shouldn’t draft him

Wentz was pretty much a consensus #2 and Watson was a consensus #3 or 4. Now of course everyone asks why didn't we draft those guys.

I agree we should draft the QB we covet most at #1 but if that is Mayfield or Allen people have to be happy that we did it the right way even if they hate the pick itself.

32 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Any reason? Just in the NFL QB sense or because of his antics?

Sure. I don’t like his antics, his college offensive system, his subpar stature, and that he has a poor pocket presence, especially under duress. See Iowa State and Georgia. Statistics show he did well but he missed a lot of open shorter and intermediate crossing routes because he struggled to keep his eyes downfield.

Wentz was pretty much a consensus #2 and Watson was a consensus #3 or 4. Now of course everyone asks why didn't we draft those guys.

Everyone on this board knows and knew how I felt about Watson. He was my #1 QB all the way. I have the online bruises from the old site to show for it.

I agree we should draft the QB we covet most at #1 but if that is Mayfield or Allen people have to be happy that we did it the right way even if they hate the pick itself.

It’s not either of those 2. That’s my point. I don’t have to be happy about it if they’re wrong and I’ll be angry unless by some stroke of luck they know something I don’t for the first time in over 20 years. If that ever happens I’ll gladly bet everyone’s forgiveness and admit I was wrong.

56 minutes ago, bruceb said:

No we don't.

Well most everyone says take the best QB at #1, the alternative to that is not taking the best QB in their opinion at #1 which most disagree with.

If they like Allen and you like Darnold, yeah, you can hate the pick but not the process.

There is no way to make everyone happy. Some want Rosen, some want Allen, some want Darnold, some want Mayfield and some probably event want Jackson. If they just want to appease the fans (is that what we want them to do, really?) then take Darnold and 80+% will be okay or happy. However, if they truly believe Mayfield is the best prospect they have to go with who they think is best not just play it safe and try to appease the media/fans/whoever.

Obviously if the choose wrong it will be their jobs, that's just the way it works so they better go with who they like and if it doesn't work they fall on their sword, it would suck but it is better than having to fall on a sword you didn't even really want.

Archived