Bears Early Draft Strategy Thoughts

dll2000

It also depends where people stand on this year's prospects....

Personally, I liked Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes better than I like any of the guys coming out this year ....

That said there's plenty of other guys around that I could see teams considering a SMALL move for.... Barkley, top WR choice, top OT choice, #2 EDGE guy, #1 Corner, Nelson-OG, Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick are all positions/players that could all be in play for teams who might be willing to make a small move up to our #8 pick.  I think that kind of a trade is substantially more likely for us than someone trading big to come up and grab the 3-5th best QB prospect (again, for a class that I think is massively overrated)

3 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

trade the 2019 3rd and then recoup the pick with a trade back In the second. 

Very good point. And one that may be a very real option. No one knows who Pace really covets. In R1 Pace has shown he will do what it takes to get "his guy". And you can pretty well bet he is trading down in R2.

19 hours ago, Epyon said:

It also depends where people stand on this year's prospects....

Personally, I liked Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes better than I like any of the guys coming out this year ....

That said there's plenty of other guys around that I could see teams considering a SMALL move for.... Barkley, top WR choice, top OT choice, #2 EDGE guy, #1 Corner, Nelson-OG, Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick are all positions/players that could all be in play for teams who might be willing to make a small move up to our #8 pick.  I think that kind of a trade is substantially more likely for us than someone trading big to come up and grab the 3-5th best QB prospect (again, for a class that I think is massively overrated)

I've been in agreement with your stance about the QBs since last season.

I'd be fine with moving back a bit. Especially if there isn't a big offer for a QB. While at 8 there will be several players that are the top ranked at their positions, someone will have their eye on a player just as Pace had his on Floyd. Just have to have it fit for both teams.

Archived