Landy traded to the Browns for two picks

Rgossett07

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are working something out with Cleveland (3 second round picks), Baltimore, Chicago, or Jacksonville.  Worst case is a third rounder from one of several teams.

I also wouldn’t rule out trading him for a player and / or packaging him and a draft pick to move up a few spots in the upcoming draft.

14 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Cleveland (3 second round picks), Baltimore, Chicago, or Jacksonville.  Worst case is a third rounder from one of several teams.

I hope you're right and think you will be. Landry is too good of a fit for too many teams as you listed above. He'd be great for Bortles, whoever the Browns QB is, Trubisky. His personality fits the Ravens to a T. A ton of teams have cap space and the WR market is drying up.

Dolphins would have likely netted a 3rd or so as a compensatory pick if they simply let him walk. That's the floor for success.

The problem with asking for premium picks is that teams will have to sink a ton of cap space into Landry, even on a long term deal. You are asking teams to invest 2 premium resources into a player.

I am a Landry fan, but that is a hard sell for even for a team in desperate need.

For example the Bears need WR help, but they could bring in 3 WRs for the cost of Landry

Albert Wilson [7 million]

Marquise Lee [7 million]

James Washington [2-39]

Hard to see a team willing to pass on adding those players to add Landry, who is very good, but not really in the elite WR discussion with Julio, Brown and Hopkins.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

One option I see as possible is if the Dolphins use Landry to swap picks like the Dolphins did with the Eagles in the Wentz year.

That way teams are losing value, but not assets.

You may well be right but think they will be looking to pick up a player or preferably pick. I just hope they have a plan.

Just now, mountainpd said:

You may well be right but think they will be looking to pick up a player or preferably pick. I just hope they have a plan.

The keep Landry on the tag plan almost has to have a Suh post June 1st cut. That would be the easiest way to get the cap space you need without destroying the future caps.

Is there any word on Juwan James health? His money is guaranteed for injury and would be a major wrench in the works.

Teams do not often trade premium picks for guys they have to turn around an extend. The rookie deals are too valubale.

18 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

I think Landry will be traded to the 49ers or the Giants for Miami to move up in the first round and get a QB they think will be the new franchise starter.

The problem with that is if you wait until the draft most teams will not have the cap room to take on Landry and his contract demands.

He almost needs to be traded in the next couple of weeks so the Dolphins can function in free agency. Even with the obvious cuts and ignoring signing the draft class it would be about a 12 million dollar budget, which is literally nothing in the market that exists right now.

I could see them moving Landry to move up in the next couple of weeks.

Landry and 11 to the Bears for 8, would value Landry as a high 3rd round pick and would get the Dolphins closer to the QBs if not where they need to be.

The best value the Dolphins will get is this week at the combine.

As soon as teams start to spend money and sign WRs the market shrinks. If SF pays Watkins 13-14/season then you can take them off the list of interested teams. If the Bears sign Albert Wilson and Trey Burton as has been rumored you can take them off the list as well.

Baltimore needs to make moves to be a FA player and they would need some certainty before March 14th.

22 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The best value the Dolphins will get is this week at the combine.

As soon as teams start to spend money and sign WRs the market shrinks. If SF pays Watkins 13-14/season then you can take them off the list of interested teams. If the Bears sign Albert Wilson and Trey Burton as has been rumored you can take them off the list as well.

Baltimore needs to make moves to be a FA player and they would need some certainty before March 14th.

Yeah, I can't imagine that Landry is long for the roster.  

3 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, I can't imagine that Landry is long for the roster.  

Just logistically you can't have interested teams spending money.

You need them full of cap space and worried that they are going to miss on Watkins or Wilson etc.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Just logistically you can't have interested teams spending money.

You need them full of cap space and worried that they are going to miss on Watkins or Wilson etc.

A team looking at Watkins likely wouldn't be looking at Landry, or at least they probably shouldn't be.  They play completely different receiver positions.

6 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

A team looking at Watkins likely wouldn't be looking at Landry, or at least they probably shouldn't be.  They play completely different receiver positions.

Teams like SF and Chicago that are desperate for any WR with a pulse will be looking at both.

Archived