Landy traded to the Browns for two picks

Rgossett07

WR needy teams will use the combine to solidify how they value the prospects.  If they come away unimpressed, Landy's value goes up.

I could easily see Miami trading Landry and #11 overall to Cleveland to move u p to #4 or even #1 overall.  Cleveland will still get their QB either way at #4 and they pick up 100 catches a year in Landry.  

I love Landry.  He should take his $13-14m a year and be happy.  He thinks he is AB, OBJ or Davante Adams.  He just isn't.  OBJ, AB and Adams can take over games.  All 3 of those guys have multiple 200 yard multi-TD games where they dominate.  

Part of the problem is Davante Parker.  So far he is nothing  more than a bust.  His job was to dominate the outside to take the one on one coverage and let Landry work the field.  Its AMAZING what Landry has been able to do with Parker being so bad.  If I were Miami, I would be shopping Parker for a 3rd or 4th rounder.  He has value cause he is young and has two controllable seasons. 

If Miami were to exersize Parkers 5th year option next season AND sign Landry, in 2019 they would have nearly $36mm dedicated to 3 WRs.  Makes no sense.

3 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

WR needy teams will use the combine to solidify how they value the prospects.  If they come away unimpressed, Landy's value goes up.

I could easily see Miami trading Landry and #11 overall to Cleveland to move u p to #4 or even #1 overall.  Cleveland will still get their QB either way at #4 and they pick up 100 catches a year in Landry.  

I love Landry.  He should take his $13-14m a year and be happy.  He thinks he is AB, OBJ or Davante Adams.  He just isn't.  OBJ, AB and Adams can take over games.  All 3 of those guys have multiple 200 yard multi-TD games where they dominate.  

Part of the problem is Davante Parker.  So far he is nothing  more than a bust.  His job was to dominate the outside to take the one on one coverage and let Landry work the field.  Its AMAZING what Landry has been able to do with Parker being so bad.  If I were Miami, I would be shopping Parker for a 3rd or 4th rounder.  He has value cause he is young and has two controllable seasons. 

If Miami were to exersize Parkers 5th year option next season AND sign Landry, in 2019 they would have nearly $36mm dedicated to 3 WRs.  Makes no sense.

That is an incredible over value of Landry.

That would value him as a top 10 pick.

Armendo Spaul[?] said in the paper that a 3rd seems to be what they can expect from people he has talked to.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That is an incredible over value of Landry.

That would value him as a top 10 pick.

According to what?

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

This resource seems to indicate moving from #11 to #4 values Landry at a high-second, not a top 10 pick.

In 2013, when Miami moved from #12 to #3, they gave up a mid-2nd (#42 overall).

I still think a 3rd + a 5th ends up being the price, but the scenario  @Rgossett07 isn't too crazy.

29 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

According to what?

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

This resource seems to indicate moving from #11 to #4 values Landry at a high-second, not a top 10 pick.

In 2013, when Miami moved from #12 to #3, they gave up a mid-2nd (#42 overall).

I still think a 3rd + a 5th ends up being the price, but the scenario  @Rgossett07 isn't too crazy.

I meant the suggested move to 1.

Landry will not get you from 11-4, especially if we are talking about a QB that is being traded for. I think your evaluation is closer to accurate. Perhaps Landry jumps you from 11 to 8, which would value him as a 3rd round pick.

But the fact that Landry needs a big deal and he controls where he goes really changes the dynamic.

Why would Landry agree to go to Cleveland to play for a bad coach and an unknown QB?

35 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Perhaps Landry jumps you from 11 to 8, which would value him as a 3rd round pick.

I'd rather have an extra 3rd.

36 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

But the fact that Landry needs a big deal and he controls where he goes really changes the dynamic.

Why would Landry agree to go to Cleveland to play for a bad coach and an unknown QB?

True, and who knows? Only his agent. It seems his main focus is on the $$$$.

The rumor mill is stating that the Dolphins, Landry's agent, will be involved in any discussion of where Landry goes. That is the reason they agreed to conduct the meeting at the combine. It is also being reported that Landry could be involved in a trade up deal, as many here have suggested. The entire front office is sold on Baker Mayfield. The dinner with Baker is to get Stephen Ross on board. It is being said that Gase, Tannebaum, and Grier were blown away by Baker during the interview.

Just now, ericsvibe said:

The rumor mill is stating that the Dolphins, Landry's agent, will be involved in any discussion of where Landry goes. That is the reason they agreed to conduct the meeting at the combine. It is also being reported that Landry could be involved in a trade up deal, as many here have suggested. The entire front office is sold on Baker Mayfield. The dinner with Baker is to get Stephen Ross on board. It is being said that Gase, Tannebaum, and Grier were blown away by Baker during the interview.

I still don't know about him.  Need to take more time to really delve into game film.  

14 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

Landry to Baltimore for pick 52.

Miami trades up to 3 with Colts to select Mayfield, giving Indy picks 11, 42, & 52.

On 2/27/2018 at 2:43 PM, cddolphin said:

I'd rather have an extra 3rd.

True, and who knows? Only his agent. It seems his main focus is on the $$$$.

It's likely because, when compared to his contemporaries, he probably feels under-valued.  Now regardless if it's justified or not is an entirely different discussion.

Archived