Landy traded to the Browns for two picks

Rgossett07

I am good with it, Landry catches a lot of ball but does very little with it after he does. He at times makes dumb emotional penalties at crucial times of big drives. One thing I will miss most is his blocking on second level running plays. When Grant starts breaking off  YAC next year and turning 12 yard passes into long Td's this will be a lot easier for some people to take, A big Red zone tight end is a must now also to compliment Grant. I also think that Ford is going to surprise a few people next year also.

2 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Browns just Traded 65 for T Taylor, I was hoping that pick was ours, too optimistic maybe.

I hoped for the same, but yeah, it was too optimistic.  That's essentially a 2nd round pick.  I saw the Landry trade and assumed it was the 1st pick in the 4th round (which is only a few spots lower than the post-3rd round comp pick) plus another mid-round pick in 2019.  Given that the pick would be in 2018, not 2019, that's still a better return than a simple comp pick in 2019.

6 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

That isn’t a good deal. 3rd round comp is a good bit better than that. Disappointing.

I agree but on reflection we are all presuming Landry play will reward us with the 3rd round comp. I am pleased we didn’t get caught with the tag number.

Suh next imo.

36 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

is Grant or Carroo the next slot guy, or is he in the draft?

Grant is going to get a lot more playing time. He proved his toughness last year, and his ability to break big plays. Carroo was always supposed to be a slot receiver. His attitude and poor practice habits hurt him, but the team kept him for a reason. Ford will also be back from injury, and he has some sizzle to him as well. I think the only thing missing is a showcase TE. The Dolphins should be able to land one in the second or third round. Landry really benefitted from the Dolphins having nothing at TE. Tannehill loved to force the ball to Landry. I think this is really going to hurt Tannehill the most. 

I am glad Tyrod Taylor is gone in Buffalo. I like the guy a lot but I hated how great he played against Miami, the Dolphins have never been able to handle a highly mobile QB and Taylor just ate Miami up. Being a VA Tech fan I wish Tyrod great success in Cleveland but man I am glad he is gone from the Bills

3 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

Grant is going to get a lot more playing time. He proved his toughness last year, and his ability to break big plays. Carroo was always supposed to be a slot receiver. His attitude and poor practice habits hurt him, but the team kept him for a reason. Ford will also be back from injury, and he has some sizzle to him as well. I think the only thing missing is a showcase TE. The Dolphins should be able to land one in the second or third round. Landry really benefitted from the Dolphins having nothing at TE. Tannehill loved to force the ball to Landry. I think this is really going to hurt Tannehill the most. 

Didn’t stills play in the slot for the Saints? Although Grant has the statue for a slot receiver most of his success has been out wide. 

Wasnt the kid Morgan decent last off season too?

If you look at Grant's slot/boundary split, you'll see he isn't a slot guy.

His big catches all came at the perimeter. Either way, he should and will get more opportunities.

9 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

is Grant or Carroo the next slot guy, or is he in the draft?

Isaiah Ford and/or Carroo and/or a draft pick.

18 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

That isn’t a good deal. 3rd round comp is a good bit better than that. Disappointing.

A lot of us (myself included) have been floating this idea of a 3rd round comp pick, but Armando reported recently that since the "Dolphins plan to be aggressive in FA" (why??) they likely wouldn't have earned a comp pick at all.

Archived