Landy traded to the Browns for two picks

Rgossett07

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

If you look at Grant's slot/boundary split, you'll see he isn't a slot guy.

His big catches all came at the perimeter. Either way, he should and will get more opportunities.

Isaiah Ford and/or Carroo and/or a draft pick.

A lot of us (myself included) have been floating this idea of a 3rd round comp pick, but Armando reported recently that since the "Dolphins plan to be aggressive in FA" (why??) they likely wouldn't have earned a comp pick at all.

Aggressive in FA? Oh FFS.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:58 PM, hrubes20 said:

That isn’t a good deal. 3rd round comp is a good bit better than that. Disappointing.

yeah i was looking for more too. But, they can now be activie in FA. for them to get a 3rd in next years draft they wouldn't have been able to sign anyone in FA this year. so at least they are guaranteed that 4th and 7th. Now they can be active in FA like they are rumored to be.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:01 PM, cddolphin said:

A lot of us (myself included) have been floating this idea of a 3rd round comp pick, but Armando reported recently that since the "Dolphins plan to be aggressive in FA" (why??) they likely wouldn't have earned a comp pick at all.

Welp, it looks like Armando was right.  Even the Wilson signing would have been enough to knock the Landry comp pick down to probably a 5th or 6th.

7 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

technically Dolphins have traded J Landry for Wilson, Amendola a 4th and a 7th. 

Not to mention the difference in guaranteed money. Amendola got $8.5m, I imagine Wilson gets between $10m-$12m.

Landry will likely clear $30m.

I just want the record to show, I think this was one of the dumbest moves in Dolphins history.  Landry was money.  He was the heartbeat of the offense.  He deserved to be paid.  The Dolphins got crappy value for him because they played the front office game like absolute stooges,   My hope is that someday, somehow, someone in Miami figures out that you cannot build a perennial winner by building your team through free agency.   We must draft well, and then retain the players we draft and perform well.  THEN we can add, selectively, in free agency.  We are mired in mediocrity because of moves EXACTLY like this one.  I love my Dolphins, and always, ALWAYS will, but they are run by absolute jackasses, who are totally in over their heads, and that goes all the way up to ownership.   

10 hours ago, Mercury22 said:

I just want the record to show, I think this was one of the dumbest moves in Dolphins history.  Landry was money.  He was the heartbeat of the offense.  He deserved to be paid.  The Dolphins got crappy value for him because they played the front office game like absolute stooges,   My hope is that someday, somehow, someone in Miami figures out that you cannot build a perennial winner by building your team through free agency.   We must draft well, and then retain the players we draft and perform well.  THEN we can add, selectively, in free agency.  We are mired in mediocrity because of moves EXACTLY like this one.  I love my Dolphins, and always, ALWAYS will, but they are run by absolute jackasses, who are totally in over their heads, and that goes all the way up to ownership.   

Our recent history is absolutely littered with idiotic moves.  100% agree that we need a new braintrust.   But paying Landry the $15 million per year that he was asking for would have been idiotic as well.  He's not a gamechanger.  Honestly, his usage was more indicative of the lack of a competent TE on this team than Landry's own talent.  All the issues he had with Gase and running the offense were just the cherry on top.

12 hours ago, Mercury22 said:

This sums of the Dolphins of the past. This is why they cut Suh. Bad Contract. Can’t overpay Landry. Handcuffs your team. I really like what they have done this offseason. Brought in championship tested leadership. Wilson’s contract is very manageable. Getting 2 quality OL for half the cost of Pouncey. (Hard to see him go but $9m was a lot). 

I still think Miami is going to go Edmunds or Smith if one of them fall. If not, Vea. 

3 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

This sums of the Dolphins of the past. This is why they cut Suh. Bad Contract. Can’t overpay Landry. Handcuffs your team. I really like what they have done this offseason. Brought in championship tested leadership. Wilson’s contract is very manageable. Getting 2 quality OL for half the cost of Pouncey. (Hard to see him go but $9m was a lot). 

I still think Miami is going to go Edmunds or Smith if one of them fall. If not, Vea. 

Speak for yourself. :D  Other than the Sitton signing, dumping Pouncey and his bloated contract was my favorite move of the offseason.

Archived