Landy traded to the Browns for two picks

Rgossett07

15 hours ago, G08 said:

Is Landry a bad teammate or a "locker room cancer?"

There's no evidence for this. There are rumors floated by beat writers (perhaps at the behest of the team) that Landry sometimes freewheels, makes up routes and "doesn't study" as hard as he should. Take it all with a massive grain of salt.

15 hours ago, G08 said:

The number of unsportsmanlike conduct and taunting flags he's amassed the past 3 seasons is absurd (8).

Yes it is and it's been one of his biggest knocks. The other knock, prior to this season, was his subpar redzone production.. but he completely bucked that trend this season.

12 hours ago, everlong said:

Dola's a free agent and Jules is aging and coming off major injury....

Would be Welker all over again. Doubt Belichick pays him what he'll end up commanding.

On 1/17/2018 at 4:52 PM, cddolphin said:

There will be, as there should be. Landry is the best slot WR in the league, I really don't think there's a strong argument for anybody else. He has his flaws, however, and that is precisely why Miami must stick to their evaluation. I say $12.5m annually is fair. Landry's agent sees him more as a top 3-5 paid guy, in the neighborhood of $14-$15m annually. For that price and with a tight cap situation? You let him walk.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752682-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-slot-receivers-of-2017-season

Landry is 5th on this list. I don't think you can make a case for him over Thielen or Fitzgerald, Baldwin Maybe, I'd probably take Landry over Tate though.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:50 PM, G08 said:

Is Landry a bad teammate or a "locker room cancer?"

The number of unsportsmanlike conduct and taunting flags he's amassed the past 3 seasons is absurd (8).

Landry is a passionate player PERIOD and he hates losing!  The whole unsportsmanlike penalty thing is being blown out of proportion. Case in point how many of those penalties do you suspect Suh has and yet I dont hear any whining about him. As fans I think some of us are just trying to prepare ourselves for losing him. He is a stud point Blank and if he ends up in NE you will see first hand.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:40 AM, Kaiowas05 said:

i'll be honest, I want him back

quibbling over a million dollars or so when we gave 9m to Maxwell for his "contribution" means we just need to tighten the belt elsewhere. We've a lot of young guys who are contributing early and a full draft to flesh out other parts of the team. Not having Landry will just mean we'll sign someone "like" Koa Misi, middle of the road contributors and a few special teamers. This is an empty FA market

EXACTLY! People are acting like its their money that's being spent lol! They always find a way to make the salary cap work so find a way to sign this man. Its not about what people think he deserves its about the market and when Devante Adams can clear 14 mil you better believe Landry is looking for that same payday. We dont need broke down player our own or other people's just pay the man already.

On 1/24/2018 at 10:39 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

I really like Jarvis and I really want him back in Miami but I think it's a fargone conclusion at this point that we will be without him next season. Love his drive, but it seems that he has issues with our staff and wants more money than he's worth. Logically we should move on, as much as I really don't want that to happen.

Nacho I hope your wrong but I tend to agree. From all thats being said I think he's gone but I can't be mad at him he did everything they asked him to do. He kept his mouth shut about his contract and played out his rookie contract. The problem is he's the best second round pick they have made for a decade so it's really hard to let go.

1 hour ago, Daryl said:

Landry is a passionate player PERIOD and he hates losing!  The whole unsportsmanlike penalty thing is being blown out of proportion. Case in point how many of those penalties do you suspect Suh has and yet I dont hear any whining about him. As fans I think some of us are just trying to prepare ourselves for losing him. He is a stud point Blank and if he ends up in NE you will see first hand.

Weren't these penalties for arguing with refs? 

2 hours ago, Daryl said:

EXACTLY! People are acting like its their money that's being spent lol! They always find a way to make the salary cap work so find a way to sign this man.

It's not that it's their money, it's that signing a WR like Landry to a mega deal can tie up your team in a lot of potential areas, whether it be resigning other players or bringing in additional pieces to help the team. Landry is a GOOD WR no doubt, but is he worth 14+ Million a season? I don't think so. I also don't much care for the way Jarvis is handling the situation. He's being childish and acting very unprofessionally.

21 hours ago, Danger said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752682-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-slot-receivers-of-2017-season

Landry is 5th on this list. I don't think you can make a case for him over Thielen or Fitzgerald, Baldwin Maybe, I'd probably take Landry over Tate though.

I'd like to see the number / percentage of routes run from the slot included in a breakdown list like this.

I'll give you Fitz & Thielen, although in my defense this is the first year both those players ran more routes out of the slot. I'd take Landry over Tate or Baldwin though.

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I'd like to see the number / percentage of routes run from the slot included in a breakdown list like this.

I'll give you Fitz & Thielen, although in my defense this is the first year both those players ran more routes out of the slot. I'd take Landry over Tate or Baldwin though.

Maybe I'd take him over Tate but not Baldwin.  Landry caught 112 passes and couldn't even reach 1000 yards

22 hours ago, Danger said:

It's not that it's their money, it's that signing a WR like Landry to a mega deal can tie up your team in a lot of potential areas, whether it be resigning other players or bringing in additional pieces to help the team. Landry is a GOOD WR no doubt, but is he worth 14+ Million a season? I don't think so. I also don't much care for the way Jarvis is handling the situation. He's being childish and acting very unprofessionally.

Sounds like a perfect Eagles WR! Lol, jk. 

Archived