Landy traded to the Browns for two picks

Rgossett07

NFL network is reporting that the Dolphins and Browns trade for Jarvis Landry is imminent.  Browns get an excellent receiver and Dolphins get cap relief and a couple of draft picks.  Full details have yet to be reported, but it is said to be for a 2018 and 2019 draft pick.  Hopefully at least one of those picks is for a third rounder or higher.

On 3/8/2018 at 4:02 PM, WindyCity said:

Eyes around league looking at Dolphins handling Jarvis Landry's contract situation w/ intrigue. Heard from 1 Exec "Tannenbaum screwed up. And I doubt Ozzie (Ravens) or Dors (Browns) will bail him out. That's a real $16M on his cap. No accounting tricks change it."

Guess not.

So Schefter says it's neither a 1st or 2nd so it's picks in between 3rd or 7th. 

Expected but I thought maybe they could've pulled a 2nd out of it. I guess the biggest piece in this trade is we get 16M$ in cap back.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like a 3rd this year and a mid rounder down the road. Thoughts?

It's been pretty clear for a year or two now that he was a goner. The return is okay but I think the biggest factor is that we get 16M$ off our books.

2 minutes ago, Daryl said:

This team won't win six games this year time to blow it up AGAIN.

Because they traded Landry?

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like a 3rd this year and a mid rounder down the road. Thoughts?

I'll miss him but the writing was on the wall. I hope he continues to have a successful career.

10 minutes ago, Emerica said:

It's been pretty clear for a year or two now that he was a goner. The return is okay but I think the biggest factor is that we get 16M$ off our books.

If it’s more compensation then we would have received for free agency compensation then decent business. Be interesting to see what the new contract looks like

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Because they traded Landry?

I'll miss him but the writing was on the wall. I hope he continues to have a successful career.

Look they haven't had a great offense by any means with Landry BUT he is by far their most productive player.  So who exactly is going to replace his production? Parker who can't stay on the field? Stills who runs one maybe two routes? You make progress by adding talent NOT jettisoning it. So yeah that will be a huge contributing factor

I’ll miss Landry........he was a rare draft day steal for us IMO.  Nevertheless we just couldn’t pay a slot receiver $15 Mil a season, which is now what he was reportedly asking for.

Next I hope to see us work out something with the Seahawks, maybe a Suh for Sherman swap.......Suh has been great for us but like I said when we were rumored to be acquiring him......a DT just isn’t worth the amount of money Suh wants.  I believe in the 5 critical positions and DT isn’t one of them.

This team will not go any where as long as they continue to operate this way.  What way? Waiting until the last minute to attempt to resign their guys. I mean how many times is it going to take for them to figure that out. It started with Charles Clay and we've been looking for a TE ever since. Miller, Vernon, Mathews all followed. Throw in the trades of V.Davis and now Landry and no wonder they're stuck in mediocrity.

2 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I’ll miss Landry........he was a rare draft day steal for us IMO.  Nevertheless we just couldn’t pay a slot receiver $15 Mil a season, which is now what he was reportedly asking for.

Next I hope to see us work out something with the Seahawks, maybe a Suh for Sherman swap.......Suh has been great for us but like I said when we were rumored to be acquiring him......a DT just isn’t worth the amount of money Suh wants.  I believe in the 5 critical positions and DT isn’t one of them.

Sherman was cut Bro is a FA.

I think it's a good trade for both teams. Miami likely would have gotten a compensatory third round pick, but now they get it a year sooner plus likely a mid-round pick next year. Cleveland gets one of the best possession receivers in the game to pair with Gordon and Coleman, and they definitely have the money to pay him.

1 minute ago, Swampbilly said:

You are correct Sir!!!!  Not sure how I missed that.  Maybe they will trade Russell Wilson for Suh.......LOL

I can only hope! I would take that trade even though I do like Suh. I just don't think we're going anywhere with T-hill especially since they're getting rid of his weapons every couple months.

Archived