Landy traded to the Browns for two picks

Rgossett07

15 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

The rumor right now is that the Dolphins offered a contract that averaged 12 mil a season. Landry's agent countered with a 15 mill average contract. The Dolphins never responded. The beat reporter talked to some PLAYERS, and got a feel of how the Dolphins feel about Landry. Landry got hurt and responded in public. I think that Landry's agent played this wrong from the beginning. The Phins were never going to use the 16.5 mil franchise tag, so to use that amount as a negotiating position only works if a team is desperate to resign a player. I don't think that Landry is even the best slot WR in the NFL. Edelman is more explosive, has just as good hands, and is faster. Now Landry is afraid that other teams may feel the same as the Phins, and he is trying to defend the price tag he wants. In Gase's offense, the RB is used more than the slot WR. If we get a good TE, Landry could be replaced entirely. I wish him well, and I really feel that a team like the Cowboys, Panthers, 49ers, Bengals could use Landry. I doubt he gets more than what the Dolphins offered, but at this point he will have to leave to save his ego, even if it was for less money.

Agree with most of this tbh. We have made a rod for our own back for overpaying a couple of guys last year but need to stick to 12 - 12.5 average per year with a decent Guaranteed amount. Welcome the compensation next year if someone else wants to overpay.

i'll be honest, I want him back

quibbling over a million dollars or so when we gave 9m to Maxwell for his "contribution" means we just need to tighten the belt elsewhere. We've a lot of young guys who are contributing early and a full draft to flesh out other parts of the team. Not having Landry will just mean we'll sign someone "like" Koa Misi, middle of the road contributors and a few special teamers. This is an empty FA market

4 hours ago, Kaiowas05 said:

i'll be honest, I want him back

quibbling over a million dollars or so when we gave 9m to Maxwell for his "contribution" means we just need to tighten the belt elsewhere. We've a lot of young guys who are contributing early and a full draft to flesh out other parts of the team. Not having Landry will just mean we'll sign someone "like" Koa Misi, middle of the road contributors and a few special teamers. This is an empty FA market

I'd take a healthy Koa Misi anyday over Landry. A healthy Misi at SLB was the last time we had a respectable defense. He allowed us the opportunity to play with different fronts b/c he could play off, line up @ the LOS, and was also very stout vs the run.

On 1/17/2018 at 4:22 PM, Rgossett07 said:

The article in the Miami Herald will not do Landry any good if he really wants to stay in Miami.  I think they agreed to this interview to set his market with other teams.

I don't see Gase putting up with Landry airing his contract situation in the press.  I am sure there are some teams that are willing to front load a $58mm contract (Niners, Browns etc).

I wanted him back but this was not the way you handle the situation.  This is immature.  His agent sounds idiotic.  Calling out ownership and really not understanding how the NFL salary cap works.  Just because the Dolphins are a billion dollar team, doesn't mean ownership can all of the sudden "afford" to pay you more.  I'd pay him 4 year- $52mm.

I could see Miami letting him walk.  Try and get a 3rd or 4th for Parker.  Sign Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson on a 1-2 year prove it deal (2 years $18 - 20mm) and see what Caroo has in the slot. 

Thats the problem they rarely hang on to their own even though they say thats their blue print. Even worse they always seem to take to the wire and the player has a good season and the price goes up. They keep making the same mistakes and not learning from them. If the would have signed Clay or Vernon the season prior it would have been cheaper and they would have retained both.

On 1/18/2018 at 3:21 PM, ericsvibe said:

The rumor right now is that the Dolphins offered a contract that averaged 12 mil a season. Landry's agent countered with a 15 mill average contract. The Dolphins never responded. The beat reporter talked to some PLAYERS, and got a feel of how the Dolphins feel about Landry. Landry got hurt and responded in public. I think that Landry's agent played this wrong from the beginning. The Phins were never going to use the 16.5 mil franchise tag, so to use that amount as a negotiating position only works if a team is desperate to resign a player. I don't think that Landry is even the best slot WR in the NFL. Edelman is more explosive, has just as good hands, and is faster. Now Landry is afraid that other teams may feel the same as the Phins, and he is trying to defend the price tag he wants. In Gase's offense, the RB is used more than the slot WR. If we get a good TE, Landry could be replaced entirely. I wish him well, and I really feel that a team like the Cowboys, Panthers, 49ers, Bengals could use Landry. I doubt he gets more than what the Dolphins offered, but at this point he will have to leave to save his ego, even if it was for less money.

Bro you must be smoking some Good S@#t there is no universe where Edelman  is more explosive than Landry he just happens to play with a Hall of Fame QB. Put Landry in that offense you will forget Edelman's name! Wes Welker was way better than Edelman  and frankly without Brady Edelman  is nothing but a concussion waiting to happen. There are at least five guys more explosive in the slot than Edelman

1. R.Cobb

2. Schuster

3. T.Austin

4. E.Sanders

5. Landry

I really like Jarvis and I really want him back in Miami but I think it's a fargone conclusion at this point that we will be without him next season. Love his drive, but it seems that he has issues with our staff and wants more money than he's worth. Logically we should move on, as much as I really don't want that to happen.

On 1/17/2018 at 4:22 PM, Rgossett07 said:

The article in the Miami Herald will not do Landry any good if he really wants to stay in Miami.  I think they agreed to this interview to set his market with other teams.

I don't see Gase putting up with Landry airing his contract situation in the press.  I am sure there are some teams that are willing to front load a $58mm contract (Niners, Browns etc).

I wanted him back but this was not the way you handle the situation.  This is immature.  His agent sounds idiotic.  Calling out ownership and really not understanding how the NFL salary cap works.  Just because the Dolphins are a billion dollar team, doesn't mean ownership can all of the sudden "afford" to pay you more.  I'd pay him 4 year- $52mm.

I could see Miami letting him walk.  Try and get a 3rd or 4th for Parker.  Sign Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson on a 1-2 year prove it deal (2 years $18 - 20mm) and see what Caroo has in the slot. 

Regarding your 2nd point, WR on prove it deals are not going to go to a team with a history of not featuring WR getting huge production for short deals.  

Ben Allbright who is a pretty reliable NFL follow thinks that he ends up in Chicago.

Seems logical considering how desperate we are at WR and the fact that we have a new QB and a new offensive coach that need to show something in 2018.

I am a little scared what you will end up paying a guy who plays the slot, but we are beyond desperate and once we make out cuts we will have about 90 million in caps space.

Archived