Jets fire OC John Morton; promote QB coach Jeremy Bates

gopherwrestler

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Why on earth would anyone want Bowles fired this year? He had the Jets team strongly outperform their talent.

He is way too conservative as a coach. He still made rookie mistakes in his 3rd year, and has shown no real signs of any progression. We show up consistently unprepared against lesser teams. Also, going 3 years without making the playoffs and having a losing record doesn't particularly help either. 

Most jets fans I talk to also wanted him fired as well. 

All this being said, I was not strongly in favor of firing him, and with a relatively weak HC class and many job openings I have become content with him for the next year. But as I said in my earlier post, Unless the Jets magically find a FQB this offseason, Bowles is likely looking at getting fired .

6 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Nothing for talent? False.

Used 3 Abs? False

Blocked him from getting a job? False.

Thanks for making things up.

His downfall was a terribly designed run game, bad 3rd down play calling and not communicating with the staff/players properly along with quitting in Denver, which I aint mad about but you can't admit it.

Nothing for talent...correct.  Everyone on this board knows that the Jets seemingly were intending to tank at the start of the year.  That actually were a respectable, competitive team, which speaks well for the coaching.  

3 qbs.  I could be wrong but i was almost positive that Mccown, Hackenberg, and Petty all played this year, but ill freely admit Jets werent at the top of my playlist.

As for being blocked there are a lot of conflicting reports.  None of us will ever truly know unless the fo comes out and admits it, but i tend to believe the national guys on stuff like that.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Nothing for talent...correct.  Everyone on this board knows that the Jets seemingly were intending to tank at the start of the year.  That actually were a respectable, competitive team, which speaks well for the coaching.  

3 qbs.  I could be wrong but i was almost positive that Mccown, Hackenberg, and Petty all played this year, but ill freely admit Jets werent at the top of my playlist.

As for being blocked there are a lot of conflicting reports.  None of us will ever truly know unless the fo comes out and admits it, but i tend to believe the national guys on stuff like that.

Jets did not intend to tank, we moved on from vets who hurt the locker room and cut our cap down and focused on young talent.

QBs, Hackenberg didn't play, Petty on played because McCown got hurt. Again false

He was never blocked, Jets were open to letting him go if he wanted as evidence of him getting canned.

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The fans and media thought the Jets were looking to tank. You never heard that from the players, coaches and management. It was actually the opposite. During the off-season, players talked about surprising everyone and how they try and shut out the noise from the media.

16 hours ago, Johnthejetsfan said:

If I'm being completely honest, I wanted Bowles fired this year. But I don't see him being the HC after next season, so I would assume that Filip would be the leading candidate for it if he took the OC job. 

The DeFilippo talk is baffling to me. Maybe it's because he was at one point the QB for Jamarcus Russell, but I do not understand the hype around him as a HC candidate. Wentz's success blew him up and now a guy who was an OC for 1 season is getting HC nods from the QB position spot???

It's not like Wentz was some hard to develop player. High draft pick, all the arm and athletic talent in the world. Paired with Pederson who is a QB friendly coach and in a good system.

The clamoring for DeFilippo to be a teams HC is crazy to me. Never looked at him over the years and thought he was someone who could lead a team. 

Archived