OC Johnny Morton is OUT; Jeremy Bates hired per Schefter

Bianconero

I am happy about dropping Morton . He blows.  Haley?  That is nuts.  Bowles wants pass heavy team and Haley does not fit that mold for sure.  Also, Haley is the sucker for ZBS which Jets lack of when it comes to personel.

Please, Cardinals, Please hire someone else than Defilippo.  Titans have to stay away from Steve Wilks.

In case if Defilippo got HC gig, Harold Goodwin being OC would do.  However, I think he is more of run oriented offense dude as I suspect he was responsible for converting MBS to ZBS for David Johnson.  If doing so, Jets better hire Bruce Arians as special assistant to help out Goodwin and qb to improve passing offense.

So anyone else have any doubts that Hackenberg is now certifiably 100% done? He'll have to learn yet another playbook and yup, he's done.

Morton must've really rubbed people the wrong way, because I thought he did a damn fine job considering what we had here. I was looking forward to see what he could do with actual weapons. At this point in time, I'm expecting an underwhelming hire.

1 minute ago, Akomplice said:

So anyone else have any doubts that Hackenberg is now certifiably 100% done? He'll have to learn yet another playbook and yup, he's done.

Morton must've really rubbed people the wrong way, because I thought he did a damn fine job considering what we had here. I was looking forward to see what he could do with actual weapons. At this point in time, I'm expecting an underwhelming hire.

Hackenberg's name has been destroyed inside the brass and media.  Since both Bowles and Maccagnan are committed to Jets for 2 more seasons the split opinion on Hackenerberg could make him expendable this instantly.  I would say 95% done.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not that Morton was anything great... but changing OCs so often just isn’t good business. Hard to develop players that way.

I agree with that statement and I think it is a clue to us drafting a young QB.  It sounds like Morton really rubbed both players and coaches the wrong way

2 hours ago, Akomplice said:

Yup 3rd year, 3rd OC and he hasn't even taken a snap lol they ruined the kid before he even stepped in the building. I hope he goes somewhere and thrives.

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yup 3rd year, 3rd OC and he hasn't even taken a snap lol they ruined the kid before he even stepped in the building. I hope he goes somewhere and thrives.

I'm not sure you can blame the Jets if you deem him ruined. The peak of his football career was his freshman year of college. I expect us to hold onto him until the end of training camp and cut him if he can prove one the 3rd string guy.

While good coaching can help elevate a player, you either have it or you don't.  Hack sucks so you can blame learning new systems all you want but when you aren't accurate with the football you don't make it in this league.  We're not in the business of hiding a mediocre QB with a great scheme and great surrounding cast.  Find a real QB who can play no mater the system first and then tailor the system and OC to what he does best.

I really don't care either way if Morton was here or if he's not.  I thought he did a fine job with this offense but I'm not heart broken over him leaving like I was Westy when he left either.  Go me a QB first and then we can talk Haley, Bates or whoever.  Until that happens it won't matter who the OC or HC is or if he's an offensive guy or defensive guy.  We just don't have a good QB so who cares.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

While good coaching can help elevate a player, you either have it or you don't.  Hack sucks so you can blame learning new systems all you want but when you aren't accurate with the football you don't make it in this league.  We're not in the business of hiding a mediocre QB with a great scheme and great surrounding cast.  Find a real QB who can play no mater the system first and then tailor the system and OC to what he does best.

I really don't care either way if Morton was here or if he's not.  I thought he did a fine job with this offense but I'm not heart broken over him leaving like I was Westy when he left either.  Go me a QB first and then we can talk Haley, Bates or whoever.  Until that happens it won't matter who the OC or HC is or if he's an offensive guy or defensive guy.  We just don't have a good QB so who cares.

This. Morton may be a fine coach someday, but he was really very average yet some people were ready to promote him to HC lol. Westy is maybe the best STC of all time...significantly different than a WRs coach turned OC that didn't jive with everyone. Todd Haley would be an excellent hire.

Archived