OC Johnny Morton is OUT; Jeremy Bates hired per Schefter

Bianconero

I'm surprised. I thought Morton did a good job. Plus he was a first time OC; so, he had room to grow. I don't think it's s scapegoat thing since both GM and HC were extended. It must be that he didn't fit personality wise or something like that. I think we'll sign Haley. Seems like the offensive version of Bowles in the sense that Bowles likes changes his defense week to week based on the opponent. 

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Dude I don’t care what you want.

It’s obvious your never going to eat crow about “our guy” Hackenberg. Continue to defend him like he’s your little brother at every turn then, of course with no substance to back your claims.

Anyway regarding Haley, I'd probably prefer him over another 1st year coordinator. We'll have at least 2 young QBs on the roster in the rookie plus Hack and/or Petty along with a vet so the QB room should be fine. I think it could help Bowles focus some more on the defense where Rodgers seems to be struggling in some areas.

It’s mind numbing that Rodgers is still here. In yards we were 4-11-25 and points 9-28-22 in his three years. Surely if Bowles isn’t going to be blamed someone should. (In that first season we had Snacks, a weak schedule, an offense that was often good, a Wilkerson playing hard and a Revis pre burn out)

if Haley come here he would have to completely revamp his system. In PITT they work on the star system - Ben, Brown, Bell, and Bryant all make plays. Here there are no stars and imo play design becomes more important.

39 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

It’s mind numbing that Rodgers is still here. In yards we were 4-11-25 and points 9-28-22 in his three years. Surely if Bowles isn’t going to be blamed someone should. (In that first season we had Snacks, a weak schedule, an offense that was often good, a Wilkerson playing hard and a Revis pre burn out)

if Haley come here he would have to completely revamp his system. In PITT they work on the star system - Ben, Brown, Bell, and Bryant all make plays. Here there are no stars and imo play design becomes more important.

He’s here because he’s Bowles best buddy. Rodgers will stay as long as he does, regardless how much the defense regresses/underperforms.

I agree with your points on Haley. It’ll be very interesting to see what he does with this cast of guys. I think things could get ugly fast next season if there’s a slow start. I know Haley and Bowles have history, but if Morton’s personality was too much, I know Haley is a pretty intense guy.

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

What do we have on offense that’s attractive for a OCs to come here? Nothing really. 

A solid Deep threat in Anderson, a potential #1 in Enunwa, and the 6th pick in the draft that in all likelihood will be a young QB

Archived