Ryan Tannehill expectations?

kris_kapsner

22 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

I don't think that Tannehill is going to last the season as the starting QB. I would love to be proved wrong, but the Dolphins haven't had good luck for the last 3 decades.

He made it in 2012, 13, 14, 15. Hopefully the Dolphins used most of their bad luck this past season, it certainly seemed like it.

I'll have a more thorough post later.

• 3 weeks later...

Tannehill from 13-16 has a trend and based on that trend I expect a slow start and mediocre/bad QB play the first 4 games or so. People will mistakenly assume its rust due to being gone so lone when in reality he's following his pattern. Than he's going to play good through 8 games like he has from 13-16. People will say the rust has come off and he's regained in 2016 form. False he's just following his pattern. Than in the last 3-4 games he'll have a mixture of good and bad play, especially if its against a divisional opponent. So his usual 24ish TD 12int season and probably 8-8.

1 hour ago, Silver_Lining said:

Will Tannehill be the same athletic QB from before his injury?

We've seen it go both ways in recent NFL history. ACLs are certainly becoming less and less of a career-altering injury, however. Every case is different so I have no expectations.

I expect to see the same player that we saw in 2016.  Despite his ACL tear, I don’t see any legitimate reason Tannehill regresses unless we lose Landry, and then if we add a competent TE it could offset Landry’s production somewhat.  I expect we bring in a solid TE and an OLineman to further upgrade what should be a more competent OLine.  I also expect that Drake’s receiving out of the backfield will make defenses more honest and go a long way towards making Tannehills numbers better.

The bigger question mark for me is what is our Defense going to look like?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived