kris_kapsner

Ryan Tannehill expectations?

Tough situation for Ryan last off season.  I hope he bounces back strong this year.

What are your expectations for Tannehill in 2018?  How well will he do?

Typical reliable and accurate Tannehill year coupled with experience.

65+% completion rate,

4000+ yards,

25 or so TDs,

and I'd like to see his INT's #'s finally in the single digits.

I don't think that Tannehill is going to last the season as the starting QB. I would love to be proved wrong, but the Dolphins haven't had good luck for the last 3 decades.

22 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

I don't think that Tannehill is going to last the season as the starting QB. I would love to be proved wrong, but the Dolphins haven't had good luck for the last 3 decades.

He made it in 2012, 13, 14, 15. Hopefully the Dolphins used most of their bad luck this past season, it certainly seemed like it.

I'll have a more thorough post later.

3 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

He is no Tom Brady but I would take him over Bortles , Keenum and Foles.

This year, more than any in recent memory, has shown that a mid-tier QB can lead a championship caliber squad.

Tannehill from 13-16 has a trend and based on that trend I expect a slow start and mediocre/bad QB play the first 4 games or so. People will mistakenly assume its rust due to being gone so lone when in reality he's following his pattern. Than he's going to play good through 8 games like he has from 13-16. People will say the rust has come off and he's regained in 2016 form. False he's just following his pattern. Than in the last 3-4 games he'll have a mixture of good and bad play, especially if its against a divisional opponent. So his usual 24ish TD 12int season and probably 8-8.

Edited by john305

On 1/18/2018 at 6:09 PM, Dolphinmeister said:

He is no Tom Brady but I would take him over Bortles , Keenum and Foles.

Care to reassess that?

One thing I liked about Tannehill was his athleticism. He was able to run the read-option and get first downs with his feet. But, my question is: Will Tannehill be the same athletic QB from before his injury?

1 hour ago, Silver_Lining said:

Will Tannehill be the same athletic QB from before his injury?

We've seen it go both ways in recent NFL history. ACLs are certainly becoming less and less of a career-altering injury, however. Every case is different so I have no expectations.

I expect to see the same player that we saw in 2016.  Despite his ACL tear, I don’t see any legitimate reason Tannehill regresses unless we lose Landry, and then if we add a competent TE it could offset Landry’s production somewhat.  I expect we bring in a solid TE and an OLineman to further upgrade what should be a more competent OLine.  I also expect that Drake’s receiving out of the backfield will make defenses more honest and go a long way towards making Tannehills numbers better.

The bigger question mark for me is what is our Defense going to look like?