1998, 2009, or 2017

wcblack34

This year.
Just has kept me happy all year.

We won the primetime games where usually I would get together win everyone. We have had a fun story going from Bradford dominating Week 1, to a terrible injury and a no name QB coming in and leading us this far (to be continued).  Star rookie runningback goes down, and we still have found success. This defense is a blast to watch play.

'09 was fun, but the celebrating for me was never as much. I expected a lot out of that team. With that team, I truly expected a Superbowl from the beginning of the year.

'98 I was also young and really didn't take a ton of that in.

34 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

Easily 98'   It just felt like pure domination the entire season.   There was no doubt in my mind that we were the best team that year.   A Rookie Randy Moss took over the league.   

It did, but that could almost be argument for it being less fun I think.  After about the first 4 weeks I just expected to win by 20 every week and anything less was disappointment. The Atlanta game was pure heartbreak. I think part of the enjoyment can be feeling like the team exceeded expectations and won when it shouldn't have.  With the '98 team anything short of the Super Bowl victory was a let down.

Assuming '17 ends in the NFCC (poor assumption, but for fairness), for me, '98 and it isn't even very close. Watching Randy Moss come onto the scene while the team had Carter and Reed led to loads of excitement. That first game against TB Moss scored a couple TDs. Every time the Vikings QB loaded up the cannon and launched one deep there was excitement as it almost always resulted in Moss tracking down the ball and often scoring a TD.

I love good defense but the excitement is different than an offensive juggernaut steamrolling teams regularly. Having the highest scoring offense in the history of the league (at the time) is fun to watch.

Obviously if we win the SB this year it will be more fun to watch than '98. I can still feel the numbness from the end of the '98 NFCC game. It was not a pleasant ending.

1 hour ago, Freakish Mind said:

Easily 98'   It just felt like pure domination the entire season.   There was no doubt in my mind that we were the best team that year.   A Rookie Randy Moss took over the league.   

The most pure enjoyment watching football was 1998, because of how the offense just clicked.  This season is, by far, the most enjoyable since then, including 2009, because destiny seems to be shining on them...as everything, for the most part, has gone their way.  

16 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

2009 was more fun to watch. That offense was unbelievable. 

I disagree.  Honestly, I'd argue that this offense is more fun to watch.  Favre made it a little more fun because he often rebelled against Chilly and Bevell's play calling and improvised at the line, but otherwise, it was a terribly schemed and dull offense.

'98 did have that big play offense, that probably was the funnest to watch thinking about it.  It seemed like there was a 50+ yard TD every week and Randy Moss was a juggernaut. And the Monday Night win against the defending NFC champ GB was great.

'09 had those trademark games against the Packers and the unbelievable finish against the 49ers and the trademark explosive plays from Peterson and Favre.

This year has been more workman-like. The offense has mostly been no-name players.  Last week's win was probably the first really memorable game of the season.  Aaron Rodgers injury somewhat diminished the impact of the Packers victories.  The big thing this team has is that it's still alive and has the possibility to do what the other 2 teams didn't.

This season was the most fun for me, but I was too young to really remember 1998.

Seeing Zimmer's defense finally come together as a truly dominant force and the emergency of Case Keenum have both been awesome. I also just like the team more overall; pretty much everyone on the team is someone that it feels good to root for, and the team feels like a real team. It is a team I feel good about supporting, and it feels like they really earned their success. The fact that nobody really expected to get to the NFCCG makes it more fun too.

2009 felt really desperate due to the Favre signing, and there were a lot of players on that team that I didn't really like (Harvin, McKinnie, Berrian, Ray Edwards, etc.). Also, Brad Childress.... yuck. 

The Favre element in 2009 was almost WWE-like entertainment, when all the local news stations were reporting he had landed at the airport.  I guess I really enjoyed it, it sort of made everything feel bigger and more important, but I could also understand being put off by it.

6 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

The Favre element in 2009 was almost WWE-like entertainment, when all the local news stations were reporting he had landed at the airport.  I guess I really enjoyed it, it sort of made everything feel bigger and more important, but I could also understand being put off by it.

This is all you need to know about it....

Image result for Favre Watch NFL Network

Archived