My Mock

DaRealTitletown

I, personally want to see the Steelers switch to a 43 defense and have Hargrave and Walton inside. Hargrave could excel inside there as a puss-rasher. The issue is the linebackers we have would not be ideal fits... So I used a website to mock the offseason where I keep the 34 defense. My moves...

ACTIONS
CUT
Name Position
Mike Mitchell S
Vance McDonald TE
JJ Wilcox S
William Gay CB
Coty Sensabaugh CB
James Harrison EDGE
RESTRUCTURED
Name Position
Antonio Brown WR
Stephon Tuitt DL
Cameron Heyward DL
David DeCastro G
Maurkice Pouncey C
TRANSITION TAGGED
Name Position
FRANCHISE TAGGED
Name Position
SIGNED
Name Position
Daniel McCullers DL         Depth... Possibly draft a big NT to compete with Hargrave and BIG DAN
De'Anthony Thomas RB         Can Return kicks and be a third down guy as well... very versatile.
Jeremiah Attaochu EDGE    Pushes Dupree at OLB. We need to win now. If Dupree continues to not develop (by Porter) then he is replaced
Preston Brown LB         League leader in tackles. Starts day one with the rookie. Williams is very nice and viable depth. What we didn't have this year
DeAngelo Hall S           Starts this year at FS. Teaches the rookie. Playmaker and better at playing ball than Mitchell. Allows Davis to stay in box permanently.
Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE        Playmaker at tight end. IDC if he can block. he can catch. James can block but can't catch. Cheaper than Graham who I wanted

After all of this I had 19 million remaining in cap space and 5 million of that for draft picks... I also had almost 1 million in dead cap. Why didn't I sign Lev Bell? because I think the tires will fall off soon so to speak... He has more touches than anyone in the league recently and that scares me especially for the long term deal at the AAV we would have to get him at. To me a guy like James Connor can be a good two down back with who I draft as a third down guy.This year we pass a lot more because we can with a good tight end. 500 yards a game becomes a common occurrence for BB. I would then extend MB for 3 years at 5 mill per... I am not crazy. This coming year will be a breakout year. They should be throwing around the park with the options they will have!! Also I am curious what will happen with Shazier. I wish him the best of luck and as amazing as it would be to see him play again I truly hope he doesn't. We would have to be nervous every down he was out there. SO i did this as if he will never play again. In the draft....

28: R1P28

LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH               Insanely athletic. Starts inside and can rush the passer. A few games this year he looked very good in coverage specifically on tight ends.
60: R2P28

S DESHON ELLIOTT
TEXAS                             Sit behind Hall for this year and play special teams. Good instincts good playmaker. Not best tackler.
92: R3P28

DL TRENTON THOMPSON
GEORGIA                       Big boy loves to make plays. Could play DT for us and push Hargrave or sit inside next to him in 43 with Walton as depth. Edmunds then plays WLB and Brown inside with Watt as SLB and Dupree as depth and Attaochu as a depth DE
150: R5P11

RB MARTEZ CARTER
GRAMBLING               Potential 3rd down guy and use Thomas as more of WR. Can return kicks... very exciting to watch lots of attitude with the ball. Watch him up he is legit.
167: R5P28

CB DARIUS PHILLIPS
WESTERN MICHIGAN          This was for depth at corner (we don't need a starter our corners played well and will be better when Burns learns to play the ball downfield and when they get a true FS which they haven't had in years. Very talented plays the ball VERY WELL. Used to be WR and was still used as one some even after the switch. Very fast and can return kicks I encourage you to check him out.
221: R7P2

OT BRANDON PARKER
NORTH CAROLINA A&T              This was for depth to replace Hubbard. Liked what I saw. Better in run blocking so could fill that sixth lineman role of Hubbard's (Hubbard is too expensive to bring back as back-up)
247: R7P28

WR JALEEL SCOTT
NEW MEXICO STATE     WOW talk about potential..... 6 foot 6.... I know some won't like bringing Martavis on an extension so this is to appease those of you. Great at playing ball in air and very fast. Not the one trick pony Bryant is.

Depth Chart:
QB: BB, Landry, Dobbs
RB: Connor, Thomas, Carter (possibly bring back Ridley(one year deal around one million dollars) and NIX
WR: AB, JuJu, MB, HEY-BEY, Scott, Rogers
TE: ASJ, OUTLAW, Grimble
OT: AV, Gilbert, HAWKINS, Parker
OG: Foster, DD, Feiler
C: Pouncey, Finney

DE: Heyward, Tuitt, Walton, Alualu
DT: Hargrave, Thompson, McCullers (gone just resigned for insurance till after draft in case of other bigger needs)
OLB: Watt, Attaochu, Chickillo, Dupree (possible hybrid DE in 43)
ILB: Brown, Edmunds, Williams, Dirty Red, Fort
CB: Burns, Haden, Hilton (already locked up), Sutton, Phillips and Allen compete
FS: Hall, Elliott
SS: Davis, Golden

P: Bring back Berry
K: BOZ
PR: Thomas, Phillips
KR: Carter, Phillips, Thomas

These are our draft picks:

Round 1 Pick 28
Round 2 Pick 28
Round 3 Pick 28
Round 5 Pick 11
Round 5 Pick 28
Round 7 Pick 28

Where do you get the extra in the 7th?

I love Edmunds but he isn't going in the 1st and we need either ILB or FS unless they take Vita(**** happens)

De'Anthony Thomas?? GTFOH!!! You're going to let Bell walk and sign a RB to play WR? smh And then draft a 3rd down back when we have Connor already...

Bryant is under contract so we will not be bringing him back on an extension

According the site I used we have the second pick in the 7th round from the Giants. Double check yourself. 

Ill take that bet about Edmunds. 

Connor would be the feature back with two capable third down guys. We need help on returns. They help. We bring Bell back our defense will suck just as much next year. We need help up the middle on all levels on defense. 

And you're right i mean usually when they extend people they aren't already under contract like Heyward, Tuitt, Brown and everyone else they lock up

Archived