ST coordinator sucks; Amos Jones.

Kiwibrown

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

This thread is going to get uglier and uglier until the inevitable.

He’s really gotta go.

I’m not usually the “fire him now!!!!” guy, but these special teams units are the sloppiest I think I’ve seen to date.

We don’t block punts or kicks well.

We don’t block punt or kick returns well.

We don’t cover punts or kicks well.

We don’t kick well.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s really gotta go.

I’m not usually the “fire him now!!!!” guy, but these special teams units are the sloppiest I think I’ve seen to date.

We don’t kick well.

Me neither--fire Hue--but I agree on this one. It's time to make a change or two.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s really gotta go.

We don’t kick well.

We block in the back well

We don't return kicks

We don't return punts well

We don't block FOR kicks well

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Who could have imagined that there was a ST coordinator worse than Tabor!?

Pretty sure I said when we hired him that we seemed to be doing just that, trying to find a ST coach worse than Tabor.

Seriously, in three years with the Cardinals, his units were bottom five in the league, almost every year, in kick return average yards, punt return average yards, punt/kick return yards allowed, AND ST turnovers. The guy did THE worst job imaginable, the AZ fans were JUBILANT in getting rid of him... and he still got another job. I'm pretty sure this is the strongest "The NFL isn't a meritocracy, it's about who you know and who you are friends with" cases I've ever seen.

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s really gotta go.

We don’t kick well.

Honestly - I don't know if I've seen a more atrocious unit in the history of the NFL (and that's really saying something as a lifelong Browns fan). There has got to be a better coach sitting on the street right now we can plug in right now to do better. Hell, we could plug in Haslam's homeless "draft Johnny Manchild" buddy and he'd probably do better.

Just now, dawgdish said:

Honestly - I don't know if I've seen a more atrocious unit in the history of the NFL (and that's really saying something as a lifelong Browns fan). There has got to be a better coach sitting on the street right now we can plug in right now to do better. Hell, we could plug in Haslam's homeless "draft Johnny Manchild" buddy and he'd probably do better.

For what the Browns pay, I’m free.

Id just pull the coverages from Madden and we’re pretty much all set.

1 minute ago, dawgdish said:

I'm sure they could find some college ST coordinator whose contract didn't lock them in too tight who could do the job. Hell, find some hotshot HS guy to come in and make it at least unique. Right now it's a super boring unit that sucks at it. If it's gonna suck, at least make it fun/interesting.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For what the Browns pay, I’m free.

Id just pull the coverages from Madden and we’re pretty much all set.

That would work! In all my years of playing Madden, I've never gotten an illegal block in the back penalty. Our special teams have like 89 of them already this year.

Archived