What the **** are you doing Mock

squire12

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If Darnold isn't ready you play Sanchez and go 3-13. You have a 22 year old QB again, time is no longer of the essence.

I would have a hard time seeing that team....even with Sanchez ...go 3-13.  I feel the offense would be similar to what we saw with Hundley at worst, and the defense should be vastly better. 

Maybe a different veteran QB like Fitzpatrick or McCown would be a better veteran backup to have in the group.   I always felt that Sanchez would have be viewed differently if he had any semblance of offensive coaching while he was in NYJ.  

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The most valuable player in the whole NFL right now is Carson Wentz. Elite QBs on rookie contracts are the easiest way for a short dynasty. Why give that up throwing money at Cousins?

Cause Darnold is more likely to flop then win a sb. Yes kirk is a drop off from Rodgers top 3 to kirk at 12 BUT id rather have Kirk, Chub, Minkah, Carter, Pettis than Rodgers. I dont think youd get all those picks anyways.

1 minute ago, Kenrik said:

Cause Darnold is more likely to flop then win a sb. Yes kirk is a drop off from Rodgers top 3 to kirk at 12 BUT id rather have Kirk, Chub, Minkah, Carter, Pettis than Rodgers. I dont think youd get all those picks anyways.

Do you prefer Rosen vs Darnold?   I have not really looked at the QB's at all.  Mostly will look at the mid rounders for a Hundley replacement.  

As to the number of draft picks, I was thinking GB might have to give something else back higher than the mid 3rd.  CLE has the cap space to pay Rodgers and would get 4-5 years of top QB play.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Do you prefer Rosen vs Darnold?   I have not really looked at the QB's at all.  Mostly will look at the mid rounders for a Hundley replacement.  

As to the number of draft picks, I was thinking GB might have to give something else back higher than the mid 3rd.  CLE has the cap space to pay Rodgers and would get 4-5 years of top QB play.

I think Clevland would want to keep one of the their top 5 picks. Maybe wed get #1, 2nd, and next years 1st or this year #1, 2nd , 2nd, and next years 2nd. Its very fun to think about. I personally like Rosen better but ive onpy watched Darnold and dont care for him. His makes too many stupid throws into triple coverage.

Very fun idea though. If the defense turns around we have a great shot at SB but we could also get a ron of talent with Rodgers still. 

2 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

I think Clevland would want to keep one of the their top 5 picks. Maybe wed get #1, 2nd, and next years 1st or this year #1, 2nd , 2nd, and next years 2nd. Its very fun to think about. I personally like Rosen better but ive onpy watched Darnold and dont care for him. His makes too many stupid throws into triple coverage.

Very fun idea though. If the defense turns around we have a great shot at SB but we could also net a ron of talent with Rodgers still. 

I would not take next years picks for Rodgers.  It moves that pick later in the round and a full year later, thus significantly decreasing the value of the pick for the now.  

If you trade Rodgers, you want to cash in on those picks when they are high enough.  Looking at the RG3 and other rookie QB's that involved trades, multiple 1's and other picks is not out of the question.  For a proven commodity like Rodgers, it would not be much different.  Sure the cap hit and contract become a negative, but CLE has the space and needs to spend it at some point.  

Their O would be fine with Rodgers at QB.  They can add defensive pieces in FA and could be ready to compete pretty soon

So Squire and Packerraymond, I understand your position about the huge QB contract and what that does to the cap.  I’m not sure that by dealing Rodgers and going 3-13 for a few years would satisfy anyone at 1265, or anywhere in Packerland, given the sting of losing AR.  I’m hearing that you’re ready for a near-complete rebuild now, and I just don’t see that happening.

Now, that being said, with the proposed model in discussion, the antidote is to sign a top 15 QB somewhere in the $15 million dollar range that’s better than Sanchez and less expensive/quality than Cousins.  A Foles or Keenum type QB.  Somebody that can move a damn offense, but might not have all of the intangibles (or price tag) of an AR, Wentz, Luck, etc.  You can draft your young QB and bring him up at the same time, without throwing his arse into the hot, steaming, pit of misery right out of the s**t-chute!

B4F.gif

rl6OAPt.gif

excited-baby.gif

I love it so much.  It's not going to happen, and it probably shouldn't happen (we should try to get one more Super Bowl with him now that we've got a good draft class incoming, a new GM and a new DC), but after this year, I absolutely want to tag him, trade him and thank him for his service. 

Rodgers on the next contract he is going to get is going not going to be easy to win Super Bowls with. 

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

Unable to track down TT on a scouting trip in the backcountry of the US southwest….TT seeking to find the next greatest 7th round draft pick for the GB Packers.  

Dude I need your credit card info you owe me a new Laptop LOL. 

6 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

So Squire and Packerraymond, I understand your position about the huge QB contract and what that does to the cap.  I’m not sure that by dealing Rodgers and going 3-13 for a few years would satisfy anyone at 1265, or anywhere in Packerland, given the sting of losing AR.  I’m hearing that you’re ready for a near-complete rebuild now, and I just don’t see that happening.

Now, that being said, with the proposed model in discussion, the antidote is to sign a top 15 QB somewhere in the $15 million dollar range that’s better than Sanchez and less expensive/quality than Cousins.  A Foles or Keenum type QB.  Somebody that can move a damn offense, but might not have all of the intangibles (or price tag) of an AR, Wentz, Luck, etc.  You can draft your young QB and bring him up at the same time, without throwing his arse into the hot, steaming, pit of misery right out of the s**t-chute!

I see the team that could be constructed being better than 3-13.  The defense should be much better with the additions of

Vinny Curry

Bradley Chubb

Carlton Davis

2 other EDGE rushers

re-signing Burnett, House

The offense would be less potent, but Darnold has some skills that MM would be able to work with and the OL is still solid, capable group of RB and outside weapons at WR/TE

I don't see a top 15 QB on the market that would cost $15M.  Mike Glennon got $18M.  

2 minutes ago, Csraverage said:

I love originality of it! Great effort man. It would make for an anxiety filled, yet, exciting off-season.

It was fun to consider the options and needs with more high picks and cap space.  Having those additional high picks along with cap space allows you to look at more players than just the UFA class at different positions.  You can look at teams with tight cap space and see if there are players that might fit the needs with reasonable cap considerations.

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

A Foles or Keenum type QB.  Somebody that can move a damn offense, but might not have all of the intangibles (or price tag) of an AR, Wentz, Luck, etc.  You can draft your young QB and bring him up at the same time, without throwing his arse into the hot, steaming, pit of misery right out of the s**t-chute!

Nick Foles would be a much better QB option, is signed for 2018 with a Base salary of $4M and roster bonus of $3M.  Not sure how the roster bonus transfers with a trade, I think it transfers to the new team while the SB stays with the original team.  So Foles would be a $7M cap hit for 2018 and has team options for the next few years.  

He is an ideal lower salary veteran QB option, but I am not sure Philly moves him given Wentz coming of an ACL injury.  Certainly with teams in need of QB's, Foles would likely fetch a high pick in trade.

Archived