What the **** are you doing Mock

squire12

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Just because i know this would never happen, I love it. I don't really like Darnold, so I'd go full YOLO and take Baker

I agree.  I'd much rather have Baker than Darnold.  He's got a lot of that leadership and competitive drive that Desean Watson had last year. 

I'm super impressed with his drive.  I believe he was the first ever true freshman QB to walk onto a D-1 School and earn the starting spot prior to the start of the season.  If that wasn't impressive enough he AGAIN walked onto Oklahoma where he later lit the world on fire. 

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

I agree.  I'd much rather have Baker than Darnold.  He's got a lot of that leadership and competitive drive that Desean Watson had last year. 

I'm super impressed with his drive.  I believe he was the first ever true freshman QB to walk onto a D-1 School and earn the starting spot prior to the start of the season.  If that wasn't impressive enough he AGAIN walked onto Oklahoma where he later lit the world on fire. 

Or he could be Johnny Manziel part II

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:
33 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I really hate this lazy comparison. 

I don't know who Baker compares to, but he's more Johnny than Russell Wilson, Drew Brees or Deshaun Watson.

Why, because he's short, white, and has an attitude?

He has a much better arm than Johnny, is a noted hard worker who wasn't handed things, a leader, and not an alcoholic

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

I have a hard time seeing CLE giving up Garrett.  They can take their QB and keep the base young talent they have around already.  

As I mentioned in another post, there is the possibility to trade down and acquire more picks, but there would be no end to that and it becomes even more unrealistic.

To get the best QB on the planet right now? In a New York minute they'd give him up. Now would they give him up for the rest of what I would ask for? Debatable, but there would be no sacred cow for Cleveland if Rodgers was the prize. 

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

I thought about getting Kiser in return, but with the idea of taking  a rookie QB high, Kiser is really a back up and I wanted to grab a 2nd QB in this class (Ferguson) similar to what WAS did with RG3 and Cousins.  

Agree on Sanchez, but the pickings are pretty slim in the UFA department, and maybe a better idea is waiting to see if a veteran gets cut later on, but waiting for that seems risky as well.  

Certainly could trade back more, but as this was already enough Maddenesque, I tried to limit the trade  back and get more picks in a never ending fashion.

As for the rookie picks, each pick is slotted to make a certain amount (or at least within a range of $$ that is really set).  Teams can essentially allocate the salary space needed for each pick they have.  Pretty sure @CWood21 @ChaRisMa  @AlexGreen#20 would have more definitive understanding of how that goes.  

For those curious. Each pick is slotted at a spot. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

Go off this, it will be pretty accurate.

Take the first year cap hit and subtract the nfl minimum because somebody will be cut to make room for that player and it's almost always a guy making the minimum.

Add up all your guys together and that's your rookie cap hit. I believe ours will be a little south of 3 million this year. 

5 hours ago, Bauman1535 said:

Or he could be Johnny Manziel part II

Maybe.  Maybe Sam Darnald and Josh Rosen are different versions of Ryan Leaf.  You never know.  Given the fact that no QB in college football history has had to work as hard as Baker Mayfield to reach the level of success that he reached I  don't like the comparison to Manziel who acted like the world should be just handed for him.  Manziel wouldn't have known what hard work was if it slapped him in his face and that is exactly why he was a disaster in the NFL.  Drugs and Alcohol were always more important than football and hard work.

26 minutes ago, SSG said:

Maybe.  Maybe Sam Darnald and Josh Rosen are different versions of Ryan Leaf.  You never know.  Given the fact that no QB in college football history has had to work as hard as Baker Mayfield to reach the level of success that he reached I  don't like the comparison to Manziel who acted like the world should be just handed for him.  Manziel wouldn't have known what hard work was if it slapped him in his face and that is exactly why he was a disaster in the NFL.  Drugs and Alcohol were always more important than football and hard work.

SSG,

I agree, but this kid has some serious issues. Not sure that is the behavior of a leader. I would think a year or two under Aaron Rodgers could be some good deodorant for this kids behavior because it stinks. Also, not sure he has an elite arm. Great athlete and accurate in short to mid-range. 

9 hours ago, Golfman said:

They would have to add Myles Garrett and take Jordy Nelson and Clay Matthews in that deal. The next move would be to get Sam Bradford for about 10 million a year for 3 years. I'd perfer Josh Allen at 14 in this scenario and get Chubb (who you could swap the #1 over all with NYG at #2 overall and pick up a 2nd or 3rd). You could then trade out of 4 down to about 7 and get Roquan Smith at #7, plus an extra second and possibly a #1 next year as well, given the team you are trading down with (Denver probably) will want Darnold or Rosen, whoever is left, desperately before the Jets pick. 

Dare to dream, but this whole scenario reminds me of George Kostansa on Seinfeld talking about being the Yankees GM. 

I personally LOVE this idea.  Myles Garrett and Bradley Chubb would make a great pass rushing two some to pair with Clark and Daniels.  If you could then trade down and add Smith that would go a long way to fixing our defense.  From my reviewing tape of Allen, I like him better than Darnold/Rosen.

This trade would take guts, but I'm for it.  I don't want to pay Rodgers $30 to $35 million a year.  He is probably worth it to a team like Cleveland and they have the cap room.

Josh Allen is the only QB I want from this class to be honest with you. Rosen just seems too skinny, too small. He's had a bum shoulder as well. Darnold is hot and cold and plays worse once the season continues. He'll make a great coach some day. Josh Allen has the accuracy of Rosen, the determination of Darnold, but also plays at his peak come season's end. None of the three are ready to start in the NFL IMHO so even if you're just speculating here; it's idiotic to trade a once-in-a-lifetime player and then draft an unproven rookie with Sanchez backing him up

Archived