(Poll) # of Wins Required for Hue to Return in 2019?

Mind Character

(Poll) # of Wins Required for Hue to Return in 2019?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. (Poll) # of Wins Required for Hue to Return in 2019?

• 5 wins - but I also need to see other indicators of major improvement.
    • 6 wins - but I also need to see other indicators of major improvement.
    • 7 wins
    • 8 wins
    • 9 + wins
    • Nothing will change my opinion...FIRE HUE no matter what

I know there are non W-L indicators of team improvement that we'll all be looking for next year.

A lot of the W-L expectation will be based on who we bring in via Free Agency and the draft. For example,if we brought in Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins I doubt anyone would be okay with a 5 win season as it is likely that the team would be perceived to underachieve.

And I also know the vast majority of Browns FFers believe Hue is the most incompetent coach ever and sucks at all things.

Putting aside the qualitative things people would need to see, how many wins get you to believe that Hue Jackson should get a 4th year?

I'm assuming we have 1 of AJ Mccaron, Sam Bradford, Alex Smith, or Kirk Cousins as our starting QB. In that case, I believe it would be reasonable to expect 6-7 wins so long as the rest of the roster is also upgraded via the draft and FA.

Here's our opponents next year:

It's a brutal schedule. I mean brutal brutal. I had the schedule wrong. Now that its updated, I'd recast my vote for 6 wins depending on who ends up being our AFC East and South opponents maybe even 5 wins.

2018 Regular Season 
Home Away
Kansas City Chiefs Denver Broncos
San Diego Chargers Oakland Raiders
Atlanta Falcons New Orleans Saints
Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Buccaneers
AFC East Team TBD AFC South Team TBD
Baltimore Ravens (Div.) Baltimore Ravens (Div.)
Cincinnati Bengals (Div.) Cincinnati Bengals (Div.)
Pittsburgh Steelers (Div.) Pittsburgh Steelers (Div.)

I guess looking back on last year we can't actually say hue went 0-16 and we can't say he isn't clutch. 

His biggest victory of the year was his only one, when he took down Sachi Brown. 

We can say it was clutch also, cos Sachi won the off season, while hue coaching was terrible all year. Sachi gets fired and Hue lives on despite being down heavily in the aspect of being competent at his job. 

Its kind of like when the GSOT lost to the Pats. unbelievable stuff really. 

Looks like a pretty tough schedule.

I don't know how much wins will factor in for me. When he was hired it was written that he was a players coach that would put players in a position to succeed and change his offense to suit his players. That has not happened. Kessler changed his offense to suit his strengths and was put in the doghouse. Kizer did what the boss said and was spoken very highly of by Hue even though he has 4 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles since the season ended. So unless Hue changes who Hue is I think the team would be better off with a different coach whether we go 0-16 again or 10-6.

23 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Looks like a pretty tough schedule.

I don't know how much wins will factor in for me. When he was hired it was written that he was a players coach that would put players in a position to succeed and change his offense to suit his players. That has not happened. Kessler changed his offense to suit his strengths and was put in the doghouse. Kizer did what the boss said and was spoken very highly of by Hue even though he has 4 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles since the season ended. So unless Hue changes who Hue is I think the team would be better off with a different coach whether we go 0-16 again or 10-6.

Part of good signs as far as I’m concerned is exactly that. Hue needs to be what we were told he was. He needs to adapt his scheme to the strengths of the team and individuals.

so I could see 6-10 in a negative or positive light for Hue depending on how he personally goes

Hard to tell by what talent gets brought in. Browns had the talent to win at least 2-3 game but didn’t. 

Dorsey could bring in a lot of talent next year. So winning 5 games or 6 games might not be enough. 

I went with 6 games

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Impossible to say at this point.

I’ll have much different expectations if we have a guy like Alex Smith starting as opposed to a rookie or Kizer (with a rookie sitting for a few weeks).

I agree with the above.  I have to wait to see how the QB situation turns out along with the rest of the offseason.

Peace!!!

10 hours ago, cortes02 said:

I agree with the above.  I have to wait to see how the QB situation turns out along with the rest of the offseason.

Peace!!!

I know that's why in the OP I said:

18 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I know there are non W-L indicators of team improvement that we'll all be looking for next year.

A lot of the W-L expectation will be based on who we bring in via Free Agency and the draft. For example,if we brought in Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins I doubt anyone would be okay with a 5 win season as it is likely that the team would be perceived to underachieve.

Putting aside the qualitative things people would need to see, how many wins get you to believe that Hue Jackson should get a 4th year?

16 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I know that's why in the OP I said:

Yeah I just don't know if you can put all of that aside. If I had to I'd probably say 11 or 12 wins. If he does a bad job with play calling/time management etc... and we still win 11 or 12 I'd be okay with keeping him. If he does great and we win 4 games I'd be okay too but I wouldn't stand on that blanket number because of the possible variables.

Really hard to say since we don't know what players will be brought in via the draft and free agency. If we get a guy like Alex Smith, then I'll be expecting more wins than if we're starting a rookie right off the bat. I'd say AT LEAST five wins, but maybe even more than that. Just depends on how the team looks throughout the season.

Archived