(Poll) # of Wins Required for Hue to Return in 2019?

Mind Character

(Poll) # of Wins Required for Hue to Return in 2019?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. (Poll) # of Wins Required for Hue to Return in 2019?

• 5 wins - but I also need to see other indicators of major improvement.
    • 6 wins - but I also need to see other indicators of major improvement.
    • 7 wins
    • 8 wins
    • 9 + wins
    • Nothing will change my opinion...FIRE HUE no matter what

6 hours ago, DawgX said:

Really hard to say since we don't know what players will be brought in via the draft and free agency. If we get a guy like Alex Smith, then I'll be expecting more wins than if we're starting a rookie right off the bat. I'd say AT LEAST five wins, but maybe even more than that. Just depends on how the team looks throughout the season.

Would you really want Smith running Hue's offense? Could you even imagine it? He seemed to target WRs more this year but 300 of his 543 passes were to RBs and TEs. Hue would get irritated if he didn't throw downfield at a high rate and probably bench him even if he was doing well.

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Would you really want Smith running Hue's offense? Could you even imagine it? He seemed to target WRs more this year but 300 of his 543 passes were to RBs and TEs. Hue would get irritated if he didn't throw downfield at a high rate and probably bench him even if he was doing well.

I do not want any QB running Hueball's offense.

I want Hueball's offense run out of town with him.

Hueball's offense and his unwillingness/inability to adjust it to opponents in game-planning or within a game might be the biggest problem with Hueball.

18 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I do not want any QB running Hueball's offense.

I want Hueball's offense run out of town with him.

Hueball's offense and his unwillingness/inability to adjust it to opponents in game-planning or within a game might be the biggest problem with Hueball.

I don't disagree but Hue is the head coach and in all likelihood he will be in charge of the offense and calling plays in 2018 so you have to match him up with a QB that plays to what we already know Hue's offense is all about. It means we probably shouldn't draft Barkley for 2018 we'd be just as well off with another role playing HB to share the limited carries with Duke. We need wide receivers who can separate downfield and we need a QB that is willing to make those throws and hopefully can be accurate with them or more so than Kizer at least.

There will still be turnovers but if we could hit more big plays when they are available it would help offset the turnovers. Heck if Kizer had a 1-1 TD/TO ratio, which would be terrible, that would still be an additional TD per game and we probably win a few games. If we could get a 2-1 TD to TO ratio from our QB we're probably .500. I know Hue's offense will always be turnover and sack heavy and relies on big plays, sort of the anti Patriot offense, but it can be better than what it was the last two years. I don't like his offense and think it is a negative but while he is here we have to try to win which means getting players that fit his system while hoping they fit the next system too.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't disagree but Hue is the head coach and in all likelihood he will be in charge of the offense and calling plays in 2018 so you have to match him up with a QB that plays to what we already know Hue's offense is all about. It means we probably shouldn't draft Barkley for 2018

Correct me if I am wrong but are you saying that we should subordinate the team's better mid-/long-term interests to the wants and wishes of a misguided and inept HC/OC?

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Correct me if I am wrong but are you saying that we should subordinate the team's better mid-/long-term interests to the wants and wishes of a misguided and inept HC/OC?

Depends on if the inept HC/OC is part of the mid-/long term plans. Obviously Haslem believes what Hue tells him and when we go 5-11 next year he will believe Hue when he tells him we are well on our way to a championship, another 5 year contract should get in done. If he is backing him at 1-31, going 5-11 will probably get him extended. Just being prepared for what appears to be going down in the future.

i listened t the joe thomas ad Andrew Hawkins show. 

Interestingly joe Thomas is very pro hue Jackson and also very pro him returning for the year. 

this has changed my opinion on retaining hue, I am more neutral than i was earlier when I was all about firing Hue Jackson.  Also Joe absolutely lovedjoe Haden as a teamate and as a player. he said cutting him was hugely deflating for he whole football side of the operation. 

37 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Interestingly joe Thomas is very pro hue Jackson and also very pro him returning for the year. 

Joe is a very good politician.

37 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Also Joe absolutely lovedjoe Haden as a teamate and as a player. he said cutting him was hugely deflating for he whole football side of the operation. 

Williams had to buy into letting Haden go.

Sounds like a shot at Sashi but I think Williams is part of the "football side of the operation."

33 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Joe is a very good politician.

Joe is funny, personable, seemingly a great dude and a hell of a football player but he seems like a company man, not that there is anything wrong with that. I don't know if he has said anything negative about any coach that was here.

i dunno man.  honestly i think its more of - does john dorsey get along with him.  could be 11-5 and if they hate eachother he could leave.  but if they get along and we have alex smith and take darnold and have 4 + 3 2nd rounders nad likely another big name free agent, i gotta see at least 7-9.

I voted nothing, because I know who he is now. He puts anyone under the bus in order to save his own arse. And I don't think anyone like that will ever be an exceptional leader. They can be adequate, maaaaybe, but that's about it. So my vote wasn't what I THINK will save his job, it is what it would take for ME to want him to keep his job. I just think his character has been shown to be such that nothing he says could fix it and I just don't see a realistic scenario where his actions swing me.

12 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I voted nothing, because I know who he is now. He puts anyone under the bus in order to save his own arse. And I don't think anyone like that will ever be an exceptional leader. They can be adequate, maaaaybe, but that's about it. So my vote wasn't what I THINK will save his job, it is what it would take for ME to want him to keep his job. I just think his character has been shown to be such that nothing he says could fix it and I just don't see a realistic scenario where his actions swing me.

Hueball is a preacher, a salesman and a politician extraordinaire lacking character and integrity.

Dorsey has built a strong FO team.

Thinking it's just a matter of time until his team includes a real HC.

12 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

This is my thoughts on Hue as well.

I was a huge fan of his hiring, but his character, at least from my perspective as a fan, seems to be lacking.

You’d think 0-16 would humble a guy.....but no.

12 hours ago, bruceb said:

Hueball is a preacher, a salesman and a politician extraordinaire lacking character and integrity.

Dorsey has built a strong FO team.

Thinking it's just a matter of time until his team includes a real HC.

Dorsey’s well positioned either way.

If it works with Hue, great. If it doesn’t, even a few years down the line, he can always say that wasn’t my guy.

Archived