Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

It's getting close for the Twins now, I kind of want to see them buy on a starting pitcher that isn't just a rental. There are options out there that Gerrit Cole, Julio Teharen and Sonny Gray, but I wonder if they wouldn't cost too much for the Twins to make a move on right now.

14 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Attended the longest Twins game ever today. 

zzzzz

Yeah, that game took forever, neither starter had good control, I was flipping around to other things because it was boring to watch even though it was close throughout.

With how the Twins played against the Tigers, I don't want the Twins to buy, unless it's someone they can have around for several years. The Twins are probably going to stick around .500 this year, but trading away any pieces, not interested in any more. I'm still not in favor of trading pieces though, because it sends a bad message to fans, which they haven't had an issue with doing before. I think that Dozier getting hot to end the season might give him more trade value during the off season anyways.

I'm about to put the Twins to bed with football starting up. Super excited to jump on the Gophers and Wolves bandwagon this fall though. Gophers should be much better and the Wolves should be competing for a top 6 playoff seed. 

On 7/19/2017 at 11:31 AM, The Gnat said:

It's getting close for the Twins now, I kind of want to see them buy on a starting pitcher that isn't just a rental. There are options out there that Gerrit Cole, Julio Teharen and Sonny Gray, but I wonder if they wouldn't cost too much for the Twins to make a move on right now.

You can't have Cole. He's one of the few good pitchers the Buccos have!!

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I'm about to put the Twins to bed with football starting up. Super excited to jump on the Gophers and Wolves bandwagon this fall though. Gophers should be much better and the Wolves should be competing for a top 6 playoff seed. 

I'm not a Gopher fan but I did Goldy's run this year. PJ Fleck gave a pep talk before the run and it sold me on him. 

I'm definitely interested in see how the Gophers football and basketball teams do this year. I hope to see stuff headed in the right direction for football mainly as I'm not that interested in basketball until March.

And the Twins made a movie getting Jamie Garcia and a back-up old catcher who will never see time on the major league roster unless someone gets injured for an A/AA level prospect. I'm fine with that trade and fingers crossed that the Twins spend and keep Jamie Garcia after this season. He'd give them a good enough later part of the rotation starter. I was hoping that the Twins might send down Bartolo Colon and let Gibson continue to pitch, but that may change again as time goes on.